Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Help with current AP resources pls

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Help with current AP resources pls

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Help with current AP resources pls

Hi all. I'm looking for that "Air Canada/Aeroplan 101" type post, but when I click through the pinned post, there's not much after 2017 or so. Am I not noticing some crucial link or post? We started actively collecting AP points again last year and have scored a nice RT to MUC for the Christmas markets (69300 pts in Y from YHZ). We'd love to start dreaming about a mini-RTW or at least some good stopovers to Asia. Where should I start trying to figure that out? I appreciate any links or recommendations you can provide.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by coastgirl
Hi all. I'm looking for that "Air Canada/Aeroplan 101" type post, but when I click through the pinned post, there's not much after 2017 or so. Am I not noticing some crucial link or post? We started actively collecting AP points again last year and have scored a nice RT to MUC for the Christmas markets (69300 pts in Y from YHZ). We'd love to start dreaming about a mini-RTW or at least some good stopovers to Asia. Where should I start trying to figure that out? I appreciate any links or recommendations you can provide.
This is probably as good a place as any, to start:

PoT

There are other posts there that discuss the intricacies of the new Aeroplan as well.

Last edited by kalderlake; Jul 27, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by coastgirl
and have scored a nice RT to MUC for the Christmas markets (69300 pts in Y from YHZ).
Please please please tell me that's round trip
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by rambling man
Please please please tell me that's round trip
...have scored a nice RT to MUC for the Christmas markets (69300 pts in Y from YHZ).
Bolding mine.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

haha, yes it's round trip. When we started looking, most of the one-ways were 40-45k min so we were pleased to get them for 34100 each way pp. Should I have looked for better? We also signed up for a tie in with the AP Amex card and will be getting a 20% rebate on points, so that brings our net down even more, once reimbursed.

Thanks for the link Calderlake, I will dive in as time allows.

Last edited by coastgirl; Jul 28, 2022 at 1:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.