Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All-coach International flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:21 am

Years ago A.C. and B.A. had charter flights across the pond. At first the aircraft were stretch DC 8s then 747s. They were all Y configuration. I remember that the upper deck on the 747 was non smoking economy.

Biggles.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blackheath46:
Just flew BDA/YYZ in Economy on Friday and the FA insisted my beer cost $5.00. I thought it should be complementary.</font>
I think they should give P and up members free alcohol (or something like a complementary beer / wine) on every flight. That would be a nice perk, in my eyes.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 9:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
I think they should give P and up members free alcohol (or something like a complementary beer / wine) on every flight. That would be a nice perk, in my eyes.</font>
Ah, free alcohol, the true love of a university student's heart...

But, can you imagine your embarrassment if you got carded by the FA?!?
Old Oct 13, 2003, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by musiclover:
But, can you imagine your embarrassment if you got carded by the FA?!? </font>
If she's young and hot, it doesn't matter to me.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
If she's young and hot, it doesn't matter to me. </font>
On AC???
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
So I wonder if AC will create an international leisure airline such as QF has done with Australian Airlines. Maybe CP will fly again.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
On AC???</font>
They're a hard find; but when you do find one, she's absolutely gorgeous. A rarity, I must admit.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT UA GLD
Anybody know what the deal is with AC926 operating in Y only configuration from YUL-FLL 10/27-10/31?
Old Oct 14, 2003, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Since there's been a lot of activity on this thread lately, I thought I'd update the original post. The aircraft in question turned out to be a domestic 767-200, sold in an all-Y configuration. And the front cabin seats were given to Elites as some suggested, with coach meal service and no free booze. My associate managed to get one and was very surprised at the poor seat pitch (his impression).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.