Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best MLL?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I was recently in the YVR transborder lounge, and was pretty disappointed that there was no hot food before 10am.
Agreed; I'm pretty underwhelmed by the YVR TB MLL in general; I've only ever been in it for breakfast, but the options are limited and configuration/view/etc. not that great. The YVR Int'l MLL is great though.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I was recently in the YVR transborder lounge, and was pretty disappointed that there was no hot food before 10am.
Even later in the day the food options are pretty sad.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG

YUL domestic is the worst domestic lounge while YUL intl imo is the best in Canada. Funny how that is. I haven't been back this summer yet to YUL intl but pre-covid it was busy pre take off but the cooks were moving fast and the drinks were pouring.
I agree YUL international is the best and the domestic is borderline a dump (havent been there since before the pandemic but cant imagine it being any better now?)
I have on several occasions been to the International after they opened again and it has been a pleasant experience capacity and service vise for my TATL flights every time.
I got next to the window seats, together with La table and cleaning being extremely efficient. Service at the bar was back to pre pandemic, but haven't seen the really nice lady (can't remember her name) that I used to se before, which is a shame.
Outside of Canada I like FRA the most and and my leat favorable is CDG.
Cloud Lounger and SKYEG like this.

Last edited by Stil; Jun 23, 2022 at 6:46 am
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
For YVR, international is amazing (and you get signature suite if you pay for J), transborder is decent, and domestic is among the worst for any major city. Even with a renovation for domestic, they're simply out of space. Maybe they'll open a MLL Cafe with the YVR pier expansions?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: TK *G
YVR domestic has the best view IMO.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by Stil
I agree YUL international is the best and the domestic is borderline a dump (havent been there since before the pandemic but cant imagine it being any better now?)
I have on several occasions been to the International after they opened again and it has been a pleasant experience capacity and service vise for my TATL flights every time.
I got next to the window seats, together with La table and cleaning being extremely efficient. Service at the bar was back to pre pandemic, but haven't seen the really nice lady (can't remember her name) that I used to se before, which is a shame.
Outside of Canada I like FRA the most and and my leat favorable is CDG.
The worst thing about YUL INTL was that you used to be able to access it even when flying domestic if you flew at certain gate numbers.. Most my YUL-YYZ flights left at these gates. I loved that. Now that YUL INTL is separated, you can't access it unless you're flying an INTL flight. I wouldn't even go to YUL Domestic MLL it's so bad... If priority pass has restaurant credit still, I'd go to one of those instead
Stil likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
There should probably be categories. The best domestic MLL is YYC IMO. Not a lot of good transborder MLL, but maybe YYZ. International MLL in Canada YUL. I’d agree on LHR as best MLL outside Canada and best overall.
I’m in the transborder yyz lounge right now. Disaster.
vernonc likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Duff76
There's two, is there not? The 'normal' one and the Express? Which one are you at and have you tried the other?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
There's two, is there not? The 'normal' one and the Express? Which one are you at and have you tried the other?
The normal one is the worst. The expectations of the Express one are much less so I think of that as a grab and go Timmys.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by vernonc
The normal one is the worst. The expectations of the Express one are much less so I think of that as a grab and go Timmys.
True.
Just checked out the normal MLL (near full), Plaza Premium (at capacity, line out the door), and Express.

Stayed at Express, not just because it's a mission to get back to the other two! Smaller and less F&B obviously, but also much quieter.
vernonc likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Duff76
Hadn't considered the level of crowding in my assessment of the lounges, but appreciate that may be relevant for some. If you ignore crowding, I think YYZ TB is the best TB option for F&B and spaces and improved by the new stair options.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: most recent posts moved to 2022 MLL experiences thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.