Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Prematurely offloaded from a flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prematurely offloaded from a flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyztozag
My friend was confirmed on AC857 in PY today. He came late from a connecting flight, but 857 was delayed as well. AC claimed to have given his seat away since he came after the original departure time. Is this standard practice?

FWIW, he was (obviously) rebooked for tomorrow, but it still seems silly to give away someone’s seat and upgrade someone to PY well before the doors close.
They have been rebooking people to later flights, based upon the incoming flight arriving past the MCT limit for the next flight, for ages. While this may not be a legitimate use of the MCT concept, I suspect they even changed the tariffs to allow the practice. Of course the CTA let it stand.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
It may be a dumb question, but would the fact AC 426 was also late have anything to do with OP's situation? AC's IT is not exactly known for being ... ahem ... bulletproof (or would 'functional' be a better word?). Is it possible the delay could have contributed to the flight showing as being finalized even while it was still boarding?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.