Wiki Posts
Search

Question: AC/AP flight history

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
AC/AP flight history

Just wondering if there is a possibility to check your flight history online with AC/AP?

Trips that I took more than 7yrs ago, I have deleted my emails so just wondering if its somewhere online.

Nothing really important but I just like to have them in my Tripit app. Years ago I used BlackBerry Travel and had all my history there.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriot Gold; Hilton Gold
There isn't really a place to look back on your flight history but if you go to your points history you should be able to see your past flight numbers and routes
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
The points history doesn‘t go back more than 7 years though, does it?

Last edited by ACflyerDE; Jun 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
The points history doesn‘t go back more than 7 years though, does it?
No, definitely not; 2 years max.

@BRAISKI, many years ago, when we had an official AC presence on the board, one of the AC reps was able to request and e-mail me a copy of my flight history from Aeroplan, which went back quite a ways. Somewhere around 2000-2003 for individual flights, and before that, monthly totals. If you were flying a ton back then, those might not do much for you, but as I was relatively FOTSG, they were reasonably helpful.

I'd suggest trying to contact Aeroplan via the web form and asking whether they could provide you something similar.

You could also potentially file a PIPEDA request, but that would likely be a hassle, capture a lot of extraneous data, and generally be a poor return on time invested. So I'd suggest going the first route first.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:52 am

Is there a way to know all of our flights that I've been on AC if i'd like to start a spreadsheet of my own?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:17 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Getting ancient Aeroplan travel history?

I've had a bit of time on my hands, and so was trying to put together my travel history. Is there any hope in getting old flight records from Aeroplan (eg 20 years ago?), even if I have to pay, give up a couple of points?

Old threads here suggest 'IT system sucks, no way no how'. But then again, if AC can calculate my million miler history, then there's hope?

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by shuuy
I've had a bit of time on my hands, and so was trying to put together my travel history. Is there any hope in getting old flight records from Aeroplan (eg 20 years ago?), even if I have to pay, give up a couple of points?

Old threads here suggest 'IT system sucks, no way no how'. But then again, if AC can calculate my million miler history, then there's hope?
Moderator note: merged with existing thread.

Unless @BRAISKI or someone else has actually tried it, not sure there's anything new relative to what I said upthread a couple years ago:

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No, definitely not; 2 years max.

@BRAISKI, many years ago, when we had an official AC presence on the board, one of the AC reps was able to request and e-mail me a copy of my flight history from Aeroplan, which went back quite a ways. Somewhere around 2000-2003 for individual flights, and before that, monthly totals. If you were flying a ton back then, those might not do much for you, but as I was relatively FOTSG, they were reasonably helpful.

I'd suggest trying to contact Aeroplan via the web form and asking whether they could provide you something similar.

You could also potentially file a PIPEDA request, but that would likely be a hassle, capture a lot of extraneous data, and generally be a poor return on time invested. So I'd suggest going the first route first.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Thanks Adam Smith
It took a while to find the Aeroplan web form (the "feedback" link redirects to a "say hello to the transformed Aeroplan program" page), and the "let us know" page had the General Concerns > Aeroplan > Other drop-down. Will try that before I email [email protected].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.