Community
Wiki Posts
Search

one seat left business class help

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 1:28 am
Original Poster

one seat left business class help

I'm looking to book a couple seats in business on YYZ-NRT and was looking at various dates. There was a day with one seat left that was pretty low miles compared to the other days and this flight is bookable through lifemiles. If I book this flight on lifemiles, could I book a second seat at that low rate with AC? Or will the fare price go up for the second seat I need? Or just completely be unbookable with miles on AC?
Old May 12, 2022, 5:20 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
No one has a crystal ball and can tell you exactly how things will pan out, but if there is only 1 seat left at the lowest award level and you book it with Lifemiles the likelihood of the miles required for another J seat on the same flight going up for Aeroplan redemption is high - but by how much depends on AC's dynamic pricing. My past anecdotal experience supports this scenario.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Try a test booking with Aeroplan points for 2 passengers. That will give you an indication of what the point cost will be.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Try a test booking with Aeroplan points for 2 passengers. That will give you an indication of what the point cost will be.
Will be an indication for the 2d seat. Try both for one and for two seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.