Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Change destination/origin on Aeroplan ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Is a change in the origin or destination of an Aeroplan flight treated as a change or do I have to cancel the ticket and rebook?

Specifically, I am looking at booking a one way Aeroplan ticket from Lhr to Toronto. If we cancel our plans and no longer need that flight can I change the ticket to Montreal to Toronto flight and get refunded the difference in points/taxes or will I have to cancel the ticket?
Old May 7, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
You will not need to cancel to make that change
Old May 7, 2022, 1:28 pm

Old May 7, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
The outcome here depends on what kind of ticket you buy. For example, an Aeroplan Latitude ticket is fully refundable up to the day of departure, while a Standard ticket will have change fees.

If you want to make a change like this shortly before departure, the new ticket will reprice at current values. It's possible that you could book a LHR-YYZ well in advance for 30,000 points one-way, and then discover when you try to book a YUL-YYZ on short notice, that the last-minute price for the last seat on your desired flight is also 30,000 points.
​​
Old May 8, 2022, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks
When you say there could be change fees, I am booking a basic fare before may 31 for a flight in July. The only fees I would incur would be any changes relating to the difference between the fees, of the original flight and the new flight, along with the difference between the miles of the original flight and the new flight. However, there are no additional carrier change fees as the ticket is within the window of the waiver of the change fees. Right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.