Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Offering To eUpgrade a Fellow Passenger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Format for offers:
  • Flight | Origin-Destination | Date | Username | Additional info (if any)
So that might lead to something like this:
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian
Or, if there are certain restrictions, you may do something like this:
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | upgrade to PY only
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | Flex or Latitude fares only
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | up to 18 credits, no add-on fees

Format for requests:
  • Flight | Origin-Destination | Date | Username | Type (Points or Cash), Fare Brand & Class
Examples:
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | cash Flex H
  • AC 854 | YYZ-LHR | June 13 | TheCanuckian | points Latitude K

For any upgrades with an add-on (co-pay), the recipient must pay the fee

Moderator note: only offers may be posted in the thread. Requests can be added to the wiki, but not posted. Any posts about requests will be deleted. If you see an offer or request that works for you, please PM the offeror/requestor.

Offers:

Requests:

Print Wikipost

Offering To eUpgrade a Fellow Passenger

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
OK. Would you mind adding it to the Wiki?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by JayTakesOff
First time doing this! Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

AC 1198 | YYZ-MIA | Dec 22 | no add-on fees

Cabin is J9

Question - On a offer to upgrade, I'm assuming the fellow passengers fare bucket and status would come into play on the e-upgrade list? Would any of my information (fare bucket/status) factor into the equation?
Updated the wiki

YYZ - MIA - 12/22
MIA - YYZ - 12/27
The Ivory Actuary likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
DEC 30
346 YVR-YOW

Offering eUp credits only, copay is up to you:
Old Dec 30, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
AC116 and AC1515 today, Dec 30.

AC1512 and AC121 tomorrow, Dec 31.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:13 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Updated the wiki - Jan 7th, AC 843 FRA-YYZ
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan
A bit of a last minute one. Couldn't edit the Wiki, so I'll just post it.

AC 156 | YYC-YYZ | January 14 | (No fares with co-pay)
canadiancow and kalderlake like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:10 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
@MillennialMiles @canadiancow @JayTakesOff @YOWgary @kidinthesky @TTC900Rocket @Far Siren @mb4wong @Stranger I've updated the wiki to delete your expired offers. If you make offers, please keep in mind to update the wiki after the flight so that it doesn't fill up with stuff that's no longer applicable.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Sorry, I usually prune it whenever I edit it, but I haven't had any flights in a while.

Also I can't edit any wikis right now
Old May 17, 2023, 4:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It has been pointed out in member feedback that some who might otherwise be willing to offer eUps might not be willing to post their own travel plans in advance.

So although this thread has gone somewhat dormant of late, let's see if maybe we can make some more eUp connections by allowing requests to be added to the wiki (i.e. if you want to make a request, please do not post about it in the thread, just add it to the wiki). Offers can continue to be posted in the thread as well as added to the wiki, if the offerors want.

This mirrors the approach in the lounge meet-up thread, where we've long allowed people to add requests for guesting to the wiki, but not to post them in the thread, which seems to have worked out okay. (The goal of the limitation on posting requests is to avoid this thread being constantly bombarded with posts from people looking for a handout, just as we don't allow people to post requests for discount codes, lounge/status passes, etc).

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
To prevent a bunch of expired eUps again, I'm going to throw this out a little earlier than usual.

I am looking for an eUpgrade nominee. I am pretty confident I will end up being able to give you over 100 credits, but the number I'm willing to allocate now is lower, and it will increase as time goes on and I don't use them.

My requirements for the nominee right now are quite strict.
1. You need to be Super Elite, because I need proof that you actually fly a lot, and I want to believe you'll actually clear.
2. I will want a screenshot of your eUpgrade balance, to show you actually have a need for these.
3. You either need to know how to contact me outside of FT (because I know you), or you need thousands of posts. This is not an offer for lurkers. I want someone who I either know and like, or who has contributed to FT a lot.

No guarantees I select anyone, but I'll let this simmer for a week before I even consider making a decision.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:06 pm

canadiancow is a great guy!
The Macker likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: E50K
As a 35K on route to 50K, I've got way more credits than I can use/clear/carry-over before year's end, plus more on the way. I'd hate to see them go to waste, and hopefully I can offer more at year's end. So if you happen to be flying solo to VCE next week, it could be your lucky day. I'm sure the flights are R0 but I think still ~J4 (I don't have expert flyer).

AC 816 | YYZ-VCE | July 28 | MostlyStandardFares | 13 credits, no add-on fees unless you want to pay them.
Adam Smith likes this.

Last edited by MostlyStandardFares; Aug 14, 2023 at 7:04 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
To prevent a bunch of expired eUps again, I'm going to throw this out a little earlier than usual.

I am looking for an eUpgrade nominee. I am pretty confident I will end up being able to give you over 100 credits, but the number I'm willing to allocate now is lower, and it will increase as time goes on and I don't use them.

My requirements for the nominee right now are quite strict.
1. You need to be Super Elite, because I need proof that you actually fly a lot, and I want to believe you'll actually clear.
2. I will want a screenshot of your eUpgrade balance, to show you actually have a need for these.
3. You either need to know how to contact me outside of FT (because I know you), or you need thousands of posts. This is not an offer for lurkers. I want someone who I either know and like, or who has contributed to FT a lot.

No guarantees I select anyone, but I'll let this simmer for a week before I even consider making a decision.
Due to a significant change in my travel patterns this year, I am in the same situation as canadiancow. The same offer is open for consideration with the same conditions.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone here is on YUL-TLS tomorrow Aug. 30, looks like there might be a fighting chance that we could upgrade up to two people at the gate. pm me if interested.

(Flight was moved to 931 Yesterday, and now back to the new configuration, so it seems plenty of empty seats, although B row currently mostly blocked.)

Also AC324, YYC-YUL, 12:25 tomorrow. Looking at the upgrade list, there is one person waiting fo an upgrade, fr 11 seats available. I had not mentioned this flight earlier because I expected that it would be pointless. Seems I was wrong. Again, if interested. sed a pm.

Last edited by Stranger; Aug 29, 2023 at 12:46 pm Reason: Added 324 YYC-YUL flight
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
AC 126. YVR-YYZ. Dec 19th. Taupo. No co-pay

AC 39. YVR-AKL. Dec 22nd. Taupo. No co-pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.