Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

35K YHZ-YYZ-ZUR Visit Domestic Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold

First trip in almost 3 years and feeling really rusty on all rules Aeroplan. Scanned for my answers on the forum with no luck so here goes.

Travelling from YHZ to YYZ to ZUR in the same day with a long layover in Toronto. Being a 35K I only have domestic lounge access and passes. Travelling in economy so no international lounge access. Will the domestic lounge allow me and a friend access if our onward BP is for an international flight?

I thought that I had done this in the past but rules do change (and memory fades). The Air Canada/Aeroplan site isn't specific (at least what I looked at) about the answer to this.

Last edited by belky15; Apr 8, 2022 at 12:07 pm
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by belky15
First trip in almost 3 years and feeling really rusty on all rules Aeroplan. Scanned for my answers on the forum with no luck so here goes.

Travelling from YHZ to YYZ to ZUR in the same day with a long layover in Toronto. Being a 35K I only have domestic lounge access and passes. Travelling in economy so no international lounge access. Will the domestic lounge allow me and a friend access if our onward BP is for an international flight?

I thought that I had done this in the past but rules do change (and memory fades). The Air Canada/Aeroplan site isn't specific (at least what I looked at) about the answer to this.
Yes, you are allowed in. 35K status holders are entitled to access to any MLL in the domestic or transborder area of an airport. By the way, given your 35K status and your not having travelled, you should have a bunch of eUpgrade credits. Have you considered trying for an upgrade to Business?
belky15 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
I have looked at it and I could try to get us upgraded to premium economy. Eupgrades plus about $250 X 2. I could try for business class for myself but that wouldn't be very classy. The flight is almost empty a week out. So I am going to try for lay flat economy style.
YVR4Ever and dr_torch like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.