Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Turkish Air seat selection with Aeroplan provided locator

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Air seat selection with Aeroplan provided locator

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
TK's website and call center have been having problems with seat selections for a while. But the app generally works.
However, sometimes, some of their flights do not have the seat map open till -100 days. I usually set a reminder for that.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:24 pm

Booked with Air Canada, need to choose seats on Turkish

We booked an itinerary on Air Canada one of whose legs is serviced by Turkish Airlines. Air Canada let us choose seats on all legs except the Turkish ones, claiming that we needed to contact Turkish to select those seats. However, when we try to access the booking at the Turkish Airlines site, it claims the PNR is invalid (which makes sense since it's Air Canada's).

Anyone else had this problem? I tried calling Air Canada but there's a 2+ hour phone delay (!!!!).

--G
yyzflyer likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Did you use Turkish Air's booking number? AC should show it in the reservation.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Did you use Turkish Air's booking number? AC should show it in the reservation.
The only booking number we have is the AC one. I looked at the reservation PDF and confirmed this. It just tells us that AC6706 (one of the legs) is operated by Turkish Airlines. :-(
Old May 17, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Same problem with an upcoming flight on Austrian. Where does the other airline's PNR show on the AC website?
Old May 17, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC 75K
OS (and I believe TK too) use the same reservation system (Amadeus) as AC, so the Booking Locator will be the same.
yyzflyer likes this.

Last edited by ChrisA330; May 17, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Old May 17, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
TK does not use Amadeus so the PNR will be different from AC’s. Try entering the e-ticket number through TK’s manage my booking.

If that fails, you’ll either have to get their PNR from AC or through CheckMyTrip.
ChrisA330 likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Once you have the PNR, don’t use the TK website as it doesn’t work. Use their app, it works fine. You will need both the TK PNR and the AC ticket number.
bakersdozen and Brandinho1 like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by 172pilot
Once you have the PNR, don’t use the TK website as it doesn’t work. Use their app, it works fine. You will need both the TK PNR and the AC ticket number.
This is the way. You can also use the ticket #
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:37 pm

Just called in to try to select seats via call centre, no dice. Roundtrip YVR -> BUS via IST -- all segments on TK
  1. You need the Turkish six character PNR. I found it by logging into the booking on AirCanada website and clicking on the booking, it's in small text under the AC booking code
  2. The TK app works for accessing your booking, TK website won't allow it since booked via outside channel
    1. What you can do in the app:
      1. Request special service request/mobility assistance
      2. Select special meal
        1. Asian vegetarian
        2. Child
        3. Diabetic
        4. Gluten-free
        5. Kosher
        6. Strict vegan
        7. Jain/Hindu Vegetarian
  3. TK Call Centre will let you select seats, but there is a charge $~39USD/51CAD (YVR -> IST -> BUS)
    1. see more details 3/4 way down page: turkishairlines.com/en-ca/flights/fly-different/seat-selection/
  4. When checking in online, you will be automatically be assigned a seat (not able to select)
    1. If you check in within 6 hours of the flight, you will be able to select your seat for free
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by emmpeethree
Just called in to try to select seats via call centre, no dice. Roundtrip YVR -> BUS via IST -- all segments on TK
  1. You need the Turkish six character PNR. I found it by logging into the booking on AirCanada website and clicking on the booking, it's in small text under the AC booking code
  2. The TK app works for accessing your booking, TK website won't allow it since booked via outside channel
    1. What you can do in the app:
      1. Request special service request/mobility assistance
      2. Select special meal
        1. Asian vegetarian
        2. Child
        3. Diabetic
        4. Gluten-free
        5. Kosher
        6. Strict vegan
        7. Jain/Hindu Vegetarian
  3. TK Call Centre will let you select seats, but there is a charge $~39USD/51CAD (YVR -> IST -> BUS)
    1. see more details 3/4 way down page: turkishairlines.com/en-ca/flights/fly-different/seat-selection/
  4. When checking in online, you will be automatically be assigned a seat (not able to select)
    1. If you check in within 6 hours of the flight, you will be able to select your seat for free
see posts 7 and 12, I was able to select seats in advance. Was AE Reward J booking.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:34 am

I just booked ORD-IST in business with Aeroplan and I'm not having any luck selecting my seat with TK. I tried both the app and TK's website with the TK PNR and 014 ticket number and get this same error message in both:

Dear passenger,

This reservation cannot be viewed due to the sales channel in which it was formed.

You can apply to the channel where you have made your reservation to make a transaction.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:38 am

Update to the above - I tried again today in the TK app with my PNR and it worked, was able to select my seat.

Now to figure out where the hell I put my KTN so I get my Precheck...
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by t325
Now to figure out where the hell I put my KTN so I get my Precheck...
There's always the (gasp!) telephone.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:24 pm

Hi, I am unable to pull TK PNR from AC website. It is just not there, when I open my booking. Just below the booking reference there is "Change Flight", "Change seats" etc.

Where should I look ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.