Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Passing through GRU on the way to/from EZE (AC90/91, AC96/97)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passing through GRU on the way to/from EZE (AC90/91, AC96/97)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Thanks for the quick replies! Good to know lounge access is possible and I won’t be stuck in a holding pen haha. Even if it’s a short visit it would still be nice to check out the lounge and have a drink or maybe even a quick shower if those are available.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 1:46 pm

Hi all - am flying this route down in April as well. Had a question around transiting in GRU - do we have to follow Brazils covid test rules for transiting if the flight is shown as direct (AC90)? Also on the way back we are flying MVD-GRU-YYZ with Gol to GRU. Seems like will have to follow the Brazil test for that at least rather than no test which was hoping for with the new rules into Canada? Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by ws982240
Hi all - am flying this route down in April as well. Had a question around transiting in GRU - do we have to follow Brazils covid test rules for transiting if the flight is shown as direct (AC90)? Also on the way back we are flying MVD-GRU-YYZ with Gol to GRU. Seems like will have to follow the Brazil test for that at least rather than no test which was hoping for with the new rules into Canada? Thanks!
On the way down you do not need to worry about Brazilian regulations. This is not considered a stop with respect to immigration. In fact, when you fill in the Argentinian entry document, you list Canada as the point of departure, not GRU.
ws982240 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I was looking for something else and stumbled on this thread. Very glad I did as it is 11 days away from being very relevant.

I know many of you are doing the run in the days before I do. If there are additional tips/data points please post them here. Strictly for my benefit of course because the world revolves around me (but only when it's taking a break from revolving around my eldest daughter)
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by FlyingFiasco
On the way down you do not need to worry about Brazilian regulations. This is not considered a stop with respect to immigration. In fact, when you fill in the Argentinian entry document, you list Canada as the point of departure, not GRU.
What about "connecting" pax. I'm flying EZE-GRU-YUL in a couple of weeks. AC site doesn't seem to suggest testing is required to transit GRU, but other things I've read are less clear on this.

Have day-of-flight-to-EZE antigen test booked. Hoping to clarify requirements for connecting GRU so I can arrange a test in EZE if need be.

Can anyone who's done this recently explain?

ETA: After further research and reading through IATA's site for such info, it appears a fully-vaccinated Canadian does not require testing. But still would appreciate confirmation from someone who's been there/done that.
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.

Last edited by HometoYYZ; Apr 7, 2022 at 1:56 pm
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:05 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Sounds like there is a whole herd of you going on a similar run at similar times.

I wish everyone luck with the e-up lottery!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Sounds like there is a whole herd of you going on a similar run at similar times.

I wish I could watch it from the comfort of my paid-J seat. All the better if I could actually be served a PDB.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
So I am heading down on AC96 YUL-GRU in one seat and then AC90 GRU-EZE in another seat and I have a two-hour layover. AC said we stay on the plane?
Coming home it's the opposite AC91 EZE-GRU and then AC97 GRU-YUL this time in the same seat, but with two different selections and a two-hour layover?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

The YUL-GRU on the 15th is R7, and even people on non-Lat fares should have decent shot. Same with the returns on the 18th, though the 19th is only R2.

Point is, anyone who wants to hop on this bus can confirm a Lat-up right now!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:44 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YOWgary
The YUL-GRU on the 15th is R7
And the Lat fare is currently only $15 more than PY. Heck of deal.

Sadly, I am otherwise occupied in YYZ that weekend.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
So I am heading down on AC96 YUL-GRU in one seat and then AC90 GRU-EZE in another seat and I have a two-hour layover. AC said we stay on the plane?
Coming home it's the opposite AC91 EZE-GRU and then AC97 GRU-YUL this time in the same seat, but with two different selections and a two-hour layover?
That's not supported by the flight tracking data, which consistently show the same aircraft sticking with the through flight number. So if you're going from 96 to 90, or 91 to 97, or vice versa, you should expect to change planes.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
That's not supported by the flight tracking data, which consistently show the same aircraft sticking with the through flight number. So if you're going from 96 to 90, or 91 to 97, or vice versa, you should expect to change planes.
When I flew this route on the same flight number three weeks ago, we still got off the plane at GRU.

I've been trying to get to that writeup, my apologies.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by YOWgary
When I flew this route on the same flight number three weeks ago, we still got off the plane at GRU.

I've been trying to get to that writeup, my apologies.

So we have the same plane, just get off for refueling and catering, and then it's a new flight which is kind of cool being outside of Canada
I am sure the crew that is heading down on the 15th will provide a lot of detail on what to expect
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So we have the same plane, just get off for refueling and catering, and then it's a new flight which is kind of cool being outside of Canada
I am sure the crew that is heading down on the 15th will provide a lot of detail on what to expect
No, you don't have the same plane. YOWGary flew AC96 all the way. You're flying 90 then 96, so you'll change planes from the one that flew YYZ-GRU to the one that flew YUL-GRU.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Not sure who at AC said you stay on the plane.

Even in the case of the same flight continuing, everybody gets off, they give the plane a quick makeover (so that people don't have to talk to the crumbs left by their predecessor in the seat), refuel and cater. Then both groups get merged and board as one. You cannot leave anything on the plane (including overhead bins) even if you continue in the same seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.