Russia flight ban impact on AC

Old Feb 27, 22, 1:48 pm
  #1  
m.y
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC *E HHonors Gold
Posts: 950
Russia flight ban impact on AC

After Canada imposed overflight bans for Russian planes, it is expected Russia will reciprocate (if not already happened). Looks like AC has already adjusted its operations to Asia.

DEL-YYZ adding stop in DUB
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA43

YYZ-ICN detouring around Russia, taking one hour longer
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA27

YVR-DEL canceled
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA44

Today's YYZ-DEL is still running as expected, I wonder what route it will take to avoid Russia.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...230Z/CYYZ/VIDP
m.y is offline  
Old Feb 27, 22, 1:57 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,820
Originally Posted by m.y View Post
After Canada imposed overflight bans for Russian planes, it is expected Russia will reciprocate (if not already happened). Looks like AC has already adjusted its operations to Asia.

DEL-YYZ adding stop in DUB
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA43

YYZ-ICN detouring around Russia, taking one hour longer
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA27

YVR-DEL canceled
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA44

Today's YYZ-DEL is still running as expected, I wonder what route it will take to avoid Russia.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...230Z/CYYZ/VIDP
​​​​​​
Was just reading some discussion on this on airliners.net.

Discussion of what, if anything, the now 16hr door overall flight will change for catering. Someone posted they are limited on galley space.

But hey , post-covid duty free isn't back yet right? More storage space for kit kats.
expert7700 is offline  
Old Feb 27, 22, 2:40 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Posts: 383
Even if we aren’t (yet) banned, seems this would be a good time to be staying out of Russian airspace.
jmt18325, YUL, milski and 2 others like this.
HometoYYZ is offline  
Old Feb 27, 22, 6:06 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 18,877
Currently in the air..

Quite the delay for AC 49 and diverting to YUL on the return.

"DELAY ATFM DUE TO ATC EN-ROUTE DEMAND/CAPACITY"

Also, AC is also sending 3 flights to DEL. Rescue or...?

AC 2050 YUL-DEL
AC 2042 YYZ-DEL
AC 2044 YYZ-DEL

Screen shots for the visuals.





24left is offline  
Old Feb 27, 22, 9:36 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,532
Depending on winds, YVR-ICN often routes over Russia.
tracon is offline  
Old Feb 27, 22, 10:40 pm
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 18,877
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Currently in the air..
.....
Also, AC is also sending 3 flights to DEL. Rescue or...?

AC 2050 YUL-DEL
AC 2042 YYZ-DEL
AC 2044 YYZ-DEL
....
AC 42 YYZ-DEL and AC 50 YUL-DEL are also on their way, thus 5 AC flights on their way to DEL. A notation for the record books perhaps.
.
24left is offline  
Old Feb 28, 22, 12:17 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: Marriott, Hilton, Air Canada Aeroplan
Posts: 6
Thanks for sharing What app do you use for the second image data?

AC50 took off nearly on time Feb 27, and arriving Feb 28. Return flight AC51 significantly delayed to March 1 - mid day India time, any ideas why?
AC50 YUL-DEL
AC51 DEL-YUL
sss2020 is offline  
Old Feb 28, 22, 12:33 am
  #8  
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE MM, DL PM, WS Silver, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium, Hilton/Radisson Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 14,940
Originally Posted by sss2020 View Post
What app do you use for the second image data?
ExpertFlyer.
Adam Smith is offline  
Old Feb 28, 22, 5:12 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Programs: AC S100K, Emirates Gold, Marriott Platinum, Accor All Platinum, Nexus, Global Entry
Posts: 25
YVR - DEL was rerouted via YYZ and the flight number changed to AC 2044. We were notified of this change about 4 hours prior to departure and the concierge in YVR called me to also ensure that I was aware of the change. We left at 1:15am with a 2 hour technical stop in TO (we were not allowed to disembark) and arrived in Delhi at 1:05pm on Monday.


yyclady is offline  
Old Feb 28, 22, 5:13 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Programs: AC S100K, Emirates Gold, Marriott Platinum, Accor All Platinum, Nexus, Global Entry
Posts: 25
AC2044 was originally AC44 from YVR and this was our rerouted flight.
yyclady is offline  
Old Feb 28, 22, 5:33 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: Marriott, Hilton, Air Canada Aeroplan
Posts: 6
I wonder why the flights arriving tonight are delayed to depart till tomorrow mid-day (India time).
sss2020 is offline  
Old Feb 28, 22, 9:43 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto - YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Posts: 5,752
Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
​​​​​​
Was just reading some discussion on this on airliners.net.

Discussion of what, if anything, the now 16hr door overall flight will change for catering. Someone posted they are limited on galley space.

But hey , post-covid duty free isn't back yet right? More storage space for kit kats.

The galleys are already stuffed to the gills. Unlikely they will take on extra catering at DUB. Very quick in/out tech stop for fuel, crew change and a light groom most likely.
ACYYZ/SD is offline  
Old Mar 4, 22, 2:47 pm
  #13  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 2,325
Just arrived to Toronto on AC57 from Dubai. The flight was delayed 60 minutes as they had to reload the new flight path to avoid Ukraine airspace. FA announced to everyone that we will not be flying over Ukraine that was initially shown on screen.

attached is the updated flight. Added another 1hour+ to the flight time.



New flight path AC57 DXB-YYZ
ACfly is offline  
Old Mar 5, 22, 7:06 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,532
Originally Posted by ACfly View Post
Just arrived to Toronto on AC57 from Dubai. The flight was delayed 60 minutes as they had to reload the new flight path to avoid Ukraine airspace. FA announced to everyone that we will not be flying over Ukraine that was initially shown on screen.

attached is the updated flight. Added another 1hour+ to the flight time.



New flight path AC57 DXB-YYZ

I'm not 100% convinced that was the truth.
I find it hard to believe 10 days after airlines stopped flying over Ukraine that AC would have to "reload" a flight plan to avoid said airspace.
It is possible if the dispatcher screwed up the initial flight plan so who knows.

The route you took is similar to one that I took several years ago.
Leave DXB head over CAI. My flight flew west of Ukraine over Bergen, Iceland..........
tracon is offline  
Old Mar 7, 22, 3:13 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,532
I see DUB is being used as a tech stop for AC43 & AC44.
I wonder is this route will become financially unsustainable and hit the chopping block for a while?
tracon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread