I Space Availability

Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:40 am
daq
Original Poster

I Space Availability

I'm looking to book an Air Canada flight using United miles in either economy or business class but the flight does not show up on United's website. My understanding is that this is because there is no "I Space" open for this flight. Is there a way for me to track this/be alerted if a spot opens up? As far as I can tell, ExpertFlyer does not show Air Canada I space..?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by daq
I'm looking to book an Air Canada flight using United miles in either economy or business class but the flight does not show up on United's website. My understanding is that this is because there is no "I Space" open for this flight. Is there a way for me to track this/be alerted if a spot opens up? As far as I can tell, ExpertFlyer does not show Air Canada I space..?

Thanks!
@daq

I wonder if info in this thread would help you.

ExpertFlyer now showing I and X space on AC
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:15 am
daq
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
@daq

I wonder if info in this thread would help you.

ExpertFlyer now showing I and X space on AC
Thanks, that is helpful but for some reason on ExpertFlyer now I am not seeing any I space showing up (not even saying I0). Anyone have any ideas why?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: AC 75K
I & X are no longer available in EF. AC requested that EF pull if from their display.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:45 am
daq
Original Poster

Is there anywhere I can see I availability (and ideally be alerted for openings) that's not EF?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by daq
Is there anywhere I can see I availability ... that's not EF?
Yes. Search on united.com

Originally Posted by daq
... (and ideally be alerted for openings) that's not EF?
Not to my knowledge.​​
ChrisA330 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I & X are no longer available in EF. AC requested that EF pull if from their display.
I was wondering why it's gone again. Any idea why AC doesn't want to share that?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
For I space, you have to search in reward/upgrade mode. You are searching in revenue mode.
I let my EF lapse last year since I could not fly, but that is what I recall.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
For I space, you have to search in reward/upgrade mode. You are searching in revenue mode.
I let my EF lapse last year since I could not fly, but that is what I recall.
that doesn’t work anymore for AC.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bcnfish
Any idea why AC doesn't want to share that?
For the same reason that other airlines have requested that EF not show award space. They don't want to make it any easier to find award tickets.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
For the same reason that other airlines have requested that EF not show award space. They don't want to make it any easier to find award tickets.
I don't quite get that thinking. If a seat is available for redemption revenue management has decided that it's more valuable to 'sell' as a reward than the alternative options. Wouldn't they rather 'sell' it?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:47 am

I believe it's more to do with the fact that award space could be in any fare bucket if you're booking with Aeroplan, and I/X could be used for more purposes than just 'Saver' awards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.