Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed J/Y Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Mixed J/Y Bookings

I did a search but couldn't find anything related to my situation. I am booking a Business ticket (P Booking) to Europe with a connection in FRA on LH. The YYZ-FRA portion is on AC in J but the FRA-NCE portion is booking in Y. What is the best way to get the FRA-NCE portion in Business?

I am considering booking a multi-city booking in Business Lowest or calling in. Before wasting my time on the phone, figured I'd check with the experts here though.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
You can check on the ITA Matrix if the original LH flight still has P class available, assuming you looked at the AC codeshare only and have the agent book that for you. The only difference really though is Lounge access in FRA and that the middle seat on LH will remain empty, P class on LH intra-Europe earns only at 50% with Aeroplan just like any other eligible Economy booking class and not like the higher Business booking classes.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:32 am
Original Poster

ITA shows as available. So I need to book with a travel agent and not AC directly?
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
If you call AC they should be able to book the LH flight with the original flight number if you prefer to avoid going through a travel agency.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
If you call AC they should be able to book the LH flight with the original flight number if you prefer to avoid going through a travel agency.
Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by seegs
I did a search but couldn't find anything related to my situation. I am booking a Business ticket (P Booking) to Europe with a connection in FRA on LH. The YYZ-FRA portion is on AC in J but the FRA-NCE portion is booking in Y. What is the best way to get the FRA-NCE portion in Business?

I am considering booking a multi-city booking in Business Lowest or calling in. Before wasting my time on the phone, figured I'd check with the experts here though.
I have had a few of these flights over the years, a number of times it was not possible to get the local Europe leg upgraded to business, however a number of times they have placed me in the rear of the plane, an advantage when front and rear doors are being used on the tarmac at Frankford
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by leisurefly
I have had a few of these flights over the years, a number of times it was not possible to get the local Europe leg upgraded to business, however a number of times they have placed me in the rear of the plane, an advantage when front and rear doors are being used on the tarmac at Frankford
I have had luck a couple of times by asking nicely in the lounge in MUC if they could put me in the C cabin on the LH connecting flight to FRA if it isn't full. This was always coming back on AC YYZ-MUC on a Z fare when Z was not available for the MUC-FRA flight at time of booking with the orignal LH flight number even weeks or months out.

P.S.: There is no Frankford in Germany
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

I called AC and the agent was able to book it when forcing the ticket on LH flight number instead of the AC codeshare. Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Next time, try the mobile app. It often offers both the native and the codeshare.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriot, Hilton, IHG, P25K
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I have had luck a couple of times by asking nicely in the lounge in MUC if they could put me in the C cabin on the LH connecting flight to FRA if it isn't full. This was always coming back on AC YYZ-MUC on a Z fare when Z was not available for the MUC-FRA flight at time of booking with the orignal LH flight number even weeks or months out.

P.S.: There is no Frankford in Germany
Oops
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Next time, try the mobile app. It often offers both the native and the codeshare.
I noticed but needed a multi trip booking for this trip so app functionality didn’t work.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.