Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Goodwill bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Elite Goodwill bonus?

Sorry if this has already been posted. I'd report myself for not reading the correct thread, but I can't find it. Please move it as needed mods .

What is this all about? It's fewer than the flight missing from last week, so hopefully it's not for that!

Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I got it too. No idea what it is. I suppose some free SQx is nice, but it's not exactly a meaningful amount. I wonder how much goodwill they're expecting out of it.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

To be fair, my will is now slightly more good . But if AC marketing won't tell me why, then how will I know what to think about it?
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I’m glad others got this too. I got an 3mail response today saying I would have a short flight credited from last year and I thought this was their way of gettin* me to stop emailing!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This bonus triggered the priority rewards and threshold eUps that were earned basically through the various rollover/boost programs.

I wonder whether it has done the same for others, and whether this was perhaps the motivating factor for AC?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This bonus triggered the priority rewards and threshold eUps that were earned basically through the various rollover/boost programs.

I wonder whether it has done the same for others, and whether this was perhaps the motivating factor for AC?
That was the speculation I heard elsewhere.

I think it may have only gone to certain people (though I'm not sure who), because I didn't get it, and I'm missing a ton of threshold stuff.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Ah. I did get a new priority reward, maybe triggered by my flight. That could be it.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

It triggered my PRs and pushed me over a threshold that I was waiting for from missing SQD in 2021. Win win.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I didn’t get and now I have less good will.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SE (P); Marriott Plat; Accor Plat; KQ Plat
I also received it. — Maybe they are giving this to the victims of their IT glitches… or maybe to those still waiting after their 25000 SQM/25 SQS/3000 SQD… (I am in both groups — although flight activity errors, miscalculations, and rollover errors have finally been fixed yesterday!)
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by GeekyFlyer
I also received it. — Maybe they are giving this to the victims of their IT glitches… or maybe to those still waiting after their 25000 SQM/25 SQS/3000 SQD… (I am in both groups — although flight activity errors, miscalculations, and rollover errors have finally been fixed yesterday!)
I can rule out the latter, since I got mine a few days ago.
GeekyFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Ah. I did get a new priority reward, maybe triggered by my flight. That could be it.
Now I see. Not triggered by my flight, but the trigger for people to get their rewards and threshold awards. I don't have any of the 2nd, but a nice way to do it.

More will would have been made good by telling us that, though!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC 75k
I got it with no notification, and it didn't do anything for any of my threshholds.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Got this as well, though I did have a flight post after the 2021 rollover SQx posted and it triggered my 9 priority rewards and all the threshold rewards and eUps that canadiancow thought would post after having a flight post.. all around happy on my end!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
I wonder if they are doing it in batches? I’m waiting for a wack of threshold rewards, eUpgrades and a Priority Reward. Nothing posted to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.