Wiki Posts
Search

Splitting a revenue ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Splitting a revenue ticket

The revenue ticket I bought for our upcoming trip is way overpriced IMO, I had to buy latitude (more expensive than PY flex) one way and PY flex the return in order to upgrade instantly to J (glitch in the system, I could not upgrade PY flex but I could Y latitude). Can I ask AC to split the ticket into departure and return? It would serve me better in case one way becomes cheaper but I do not want to change both ways at the same time, it was rather hard to upgrade everything to J and I want to minimize the possiblility of a screwup.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:26 pm

"It would serve me better in case one way becomes cheaper"
Are you seriously considering messing with your current (fragile, upgraded) reservation in case you might want to reprice? As in, you don't want to reprice anything now, you just want to be prepared for that possibility?

I think advice from this audience will be unanimous: leave it as-is.
canadiancow, RangerNS and m.y like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by hita45
The revenue ticket I bought for our upcoming trip is way overpriced IMO.
Clearly it was not, by definition.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.