Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Details of the 2022 status benefits can be found on this page of the AC website.
Print Wikipost

2022 Aeroplan Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:33 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Most frustrating not having our 2022 eUps available as in previous years, though I know someone who has January 2023 expiring eUps but he was still not able to confirm or even waitlist a Latitude award booking into business for October (granted over Thanksgiving weekend so could be AC has zero'd out J eUps on its wide body flights between YYZ-YVR-YYZ, though not even offered the option of waitlisting).
In addition to @YOWgary's question, I don't understand this. The new eUp system will let you request an eUp on any booking for which you have valid eUps. If there's no space or you're outside the window, it will waitlist you. In hundreds of upgrades since they switched over the system, I don't think I've ever had an issue with that. So if your friend was unable to waitlist his upgrade, I'd suggest he try again.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My daughter was gifted by me E50 K status- which is only valid through to Dec 31, 2021
I presume that if we are allowed to gift such E50K benefits (for a SE) for a 2022, I can give her the benefit.
She is flying from LGA to YYZ on Jan 3.

What are the chances she will either retain her currently gifted E50K status or I would be able to gift her another E50K status (valid for 2022) in time for her Jan 3 flight?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
That would count as an announcement!
I just received my email and it did say that I "can look forward to receiving your Aeroplan Elite™ Status card and luggage tags in the coming weeks".
Still don't know what I'll choose other than eups, but I've got a day to decide. Probably the 75% bonus.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I just received my email and it did say that I "can look forward to receiving your Aeroplan Elite™ Status card and luggage tags in the coming weeks".
Still don't know what I'll choose other than eups, but I've got a day to decide. Probably the 75% bonus.
Good luck getting the retro bonus miles. I’ve been fighting the battle for several months. They owe me some 20k but just keep sending me back to the online submission system which rejects it because all the flights got the base miles. Anyway, enough grumbling out of me. Just warning you to watch for it.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Good luck getting the retro bonus miles. I’ve been fighting the battle for several months. They owe me some 20k but just keep sending me back to the online submission system which rejects it because all the flights got the base miles. Anyway, enough grumbling out of me. Just warning you to watch for it.
I did have to request some bonus miles this year, but did get them.

I chose my benefits for the next couple of days, but made a stupid error. I thought that Status passes lasted until Dec 2022, so I chose those. Now I'm stuck with 4 of them about to expire.

Doh!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Ooooh, it's getting exciting. The AC cleaning crew were on the Benefits page sometime between last night and now. (this is why I took all my scree shots last night, you know, to have a final year-end record of every item )

Last night I had 7 Benefit topics showing, now there are 4. And yes, it makes sense that the cleaners removed the MLL Pass, Status for a Friend and the 2021 Benefit History (your selection). One remaining Status Pass is still there. Guess there is still time to share the last one.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 31, 2021 at 5:44 pm
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Right now it shows I have a bunch of 2022 SQx but 0 for 2021.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Same here. Wonder if this an artifact of the SQx carryover promo. Curious what someone who didn’t make the 25k threshold for carryover would look like.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:05 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
It was the same for me around 2 am EST but now both the 2022 and 2021 counters are completely zeroed out.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Does anyone know when we will actually be able to choose 2022 privileges? I have a yyz-lhr flight tomorrow that I would like to use eUPG on.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:18 am

Same.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:43 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Same here. Wonder if this an artifact of the SQx carryover promo. Curious what someone who didn’t make the 25k threshold for carryover would look like.
I don't know if it's related to the rollover or just yet another AC IT fail.

My wife's account shows the same thing - 2021 SQx ascribed to 2022, 0 for 2021 - despite her having been well short of all the thresholds.

Originally Posted by rau90
Does anyone know when we will actually be able to choose 2022 privileges]
No.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
I have 0 SQx showing for both 2021 and 2022.

Doing my best to not be concerned.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by yyckerr
I have 0 SQx showing for both 2021 and 2022.

Doing my best to not be concerned.
Same.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
I have Zeros for 2022. 2021 looks correct right now.

I have no benefits to pick. But I did get one activity posted on Jan 1.

"Annual Renom credit" With "rollover from threshold gifts" in the notes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.