Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Details of the 2022 status benefits can be found on this page of the AC website.
Print Wikipost

2022 Aeroplan Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Curious if they did indeed stay? I’ve just had the same thing happen with being invited to select benefits again…though I did so back in May. Fingers crossed!
Unfortunately not.. it updated after a day or 2 with the correct number (10 I think) added.

Ron.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I am thinking of buying the Vancouver Commuter (10 flights) Flight Pass.
I have selected '12 eUpgrade Credits for Flight Pass activities' as my SE Select Benefit.
Question - do I get the 12 eUps on purchase of the flight pass or after I have used the 10 flight credits?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by fijaircan
I am thinking of buying the Vancouver Commuter (10 flights) Flight Pass.
I have selected '12 eUpgrade Credits for Flight Pass activities' as my SE Select Benefit.
Question - do I get the 12 eUps on purchase of the flight pass or after I have used the 10 flight credits?
On purchase.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and kalderlake like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:25 pm

I actually bought a Flight Pass last night too but didnt received them
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Joroy70
I actually bought a Flight Pass last night too but didnt received them
It usually takes about 3 weeks for the eUps to be credited to your account.
Xyzzy, canadiancow and Joroy70 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:40 am

Am 35K, does someone on same booking as me get priority security?

Am 35K so this gets me priority clearance through security at YUL. Flying a flight with only economy.

On previous booking, priority security staff waved both me and my gf (on same booking) through to priority. My question: is she entitled to this by being on the same booking with me, or was this merely a courtesy which might not necessarily be extended to her?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:19 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Firefly42
On previous booking, priority security staff waved both me and my gf (on same booking) through to priority. My question: is she entitled to this by being on the same booking with me, or was this merely a courtesy which might not necessarily be extended to her?
On the same booking, she's entitled (per the AC website):

You and up to 9 companions travelling on the same reservation can speed through the security screening process via dedicated lanes at many airports worldwide.

Not on the same booking, technically it's not an entitlement, but is fairly likely to be granted anyway. Canadian airports tend to be fairly lax about this, and there aren't a lot of foreign airports where 35K will get you priority security.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
There’s a list of world airports that will grant this to 35k….Ams was not on the list but my BP printed it anyways and the gatekeeper would have let ME in but my friend was on a separate PNR so no note on BP and thus no access.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:39 pm

Hello, I would appreciate any help with the following question. I'm new to early recognition. I have just levelled up to 50k. Will the Select Benefits I pick now apply: 1) to both the rest of 2022 and all of 2023, or 2) only to the rest of 2022 and I can choose different benefits later for 2023? The answer to this question will impact which benefits I choose. Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Originally Posted by lotus10
Hello, I would appreciate any help with the following question. I'm new to early recognition. I have just levelled up to 50k. Will the Select Benefits I pick now apply: 1) to both the rest of 2022 and all of 2023, or 2) only to the rest of 2022 and I can choose different benefits later for 2023? The answer to this question will impact which benefits I choose. Thanks a lot!
#2 - You'll get to select a fresh batch in 2023.

One thing to note is eUps earned after July 1 will be valid through 2023 (Jan 2024 expiry).
lotus10 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: AC 75k, IHG Plat, TK Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, HH Gold
Being asked to select benefits multiple times

Hi
I have been asked in the AC app again to choose my 75k benefits. This is the third time and they will no doubt apply as it happened before but I assumed the software/system would catch up and remove the extra items I received.

Anyone seen this issue and/or what would you do?

Cheers

JB0591
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Just picked my Select Benefits for 35K (upgraded from 25K). It only let me pick one benefit from bundle one.

…why is this?

edit: never mind.

edit 2: Wait what? So 25K can get mileage bonus and eUp credits but 35K can’t??? I already have my mileage bonus from 25K so am taking the additional eUps… but this would really suck for consistent 35K members.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Aeroplan Standard - SE -> Seat Selection?

Hi there,

I'm an SE traveling in December with my family (wife, 2 kids 3 and 5 years old) and my two parents.

Looking at booking the reward - do I select standard reward and email concierge and request seats together (I'm an SE so I get seat selection, also traveling with kids so reasonable seat accommodation should be expected?) - or do I have to pay more for a flex reward ticket which includes seat selection?

Thanks for the help!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The way I read the benefits, if you're all on the same PNR, you should get seats for the whole party.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Question about Preferred Seating: have an existing ex-Canada to non-US international destination booking, reward ticket at Flex fare, and I currently have 25K Status. Per this page at AC website, I understand that I am thus eligible for 50% discount on Preferred Seating for myself and travel companion, correct? When I access this booking, prices don't appear different than they do in a "dummy" booking for the same flight. Do I need to do something else to purchase with discount?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.