Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Details of the 2022 status benefits can be found on this page of the AC website.
Print Wikipost

2022 Aeroplan Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Erome
For situation 2- I know I've flown at least 1-2 dozen segments myself, but have not seen any credits roll in for these - do they take some time after the pass is entirely depleted perhaps?
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You get the bonus for flight pass credits YOU use. Not for credits that others use
As per canadiancow , it is about your personal use of AC Business passes. I also believe that the counter re-sets to zero every time you finish one pass and start on the next one - so if you flew 9 one-way trips (note: not segments) on a flight pass and the rest of the trips got used by other people and you then buy another pass for everyone to use, your don't start with 9 trips in the bank - you are back down to zero. For me this is a big negative of those passes.

Originally Posted by theranj
What about when you select the "Status Qualifying Miles for eligible Flight Pass activities" option for your benefits instead - do you get the bonus SQM for every flight, or only after you use all credits?
You get them when you purchase the pass (or rather a few days later). No need to use up the flights before you get the credit.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Huh - this makes sense then why I never get credits on the FPs...

On a FP of 30 segments I'd need to use 10+ myself to hit it. Interesting.

Thank you!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by The Lev
I also believe that the counter re-sets to zero every time you finish one pass and start on the next one
In my experience, the counter also resets with the start of a new year - at least that's what I've been assuming happens. I've flown more than 10 credits from one pass but in two benefit years, and I haven't received the bonus even though I chose bonus SQM both times. I've never had two corporate passes going at the same time.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
So, I'll qualify for 2023 25K at the end of April, 35K in July and 50K in October. Do I just get my privileges (i.e. upgrades) as soon as the SQx are processed?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:39 am

Aeroplan 25K status - Priority seat selection

I would like to redeem an Air Canada flight ticket within North America from RBC Avion points. As I have Aeroplan 25K status, can I have Priority Seat Selection if I pay for the seat selection?
Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Has anyone made selections twice for the same Elite tier?

I chose my 2022 selections in January.

I received a modest number of eupgrade credits recently, and an email that says that since I passed a threshold number of SQSs, I am now entitled to make picks again (and that I would receive some rollover SQMs). The button is active on my dashboard, and clicking it brings up the selection menu. Same options as the ones offered in January.

My Elite status has not changed, so I'm wondering what would happen if I choose new privileges? Will they override my previous choices?

**Edited to add that I tried making selections, but an error message was returned.**

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Apr 19, 2022 at 6:55 pm Reason: Added new information
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by HSBC
I would like to redeem an Air Canada flight ticket within North America from RBC Avion points. As I have Aeroplan 25K status, can I have Priority Seat Selection if I pay for the seat selection?
Thanks!
The Carlson Wagon Travel search engine RBC uses for travel awards will always attempt to book you into the lowest fare bucket so watch out for that. You can check the class during the booking process so ensure seat selection is included in your fare. if you were able to include your AP number and seat selection is a part of the fare you can do that online after purchase.

I normally call in afterwards and confirm things went through correctly
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:29 pm

dudestir,
Thanks for your advice. Of course, I don't want to pick any Economy Basic. I don't know that I can pick different class of Economy cabins (e.g. Economy Standard or Economic Flex) from RBC travel redemption system.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Lower Requalification Level - SE 100K

Hi fellow FTer,

I’m currently sitting above 95K SQM. I don’t anticipate to fly until in early December.

Does lower requalification level count for the early status recognition or do I wait till Dec 31st to count? I would like to take the advantage of my flights in Dec to count towards 2023.

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Swiftler
Hi fellow FTer,

I’m currently sitting above 95K SQM. I don’t anticipate to fly until in early December.

Does lower requalification level count for the early status recognition or do I wait till Dec 31st to count? I would like to take the advantage of my flights in Dec to count towards 2023.

Thanks!
Admittedly I don't know the answer to your question. I have a question for you though.

Have you done 3 things from the checklist for the promo? If so you're going to be given 5000 SQM and you will qualify immediately (assuming you have the $20k spend necessary).
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Admittedly I don't know the answer to your question. I have a question for you though.

Have you done 3 things from the checklist for the promo? If so you're going to be given 5000 SQM and you will qualify immediately (assuming you have the $20k spend necessary).
Yeah I totally forgot about the promo. Then that solves it.

But just curious though, I would like to know since we probably would not see those promos again next year.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I think historically the "is now SE and will be SE next year" is processed last. There is nothing you get from being early so they don't worry about processing it.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Just chose my 75k privileges - how long do the eupgrades usually take to deposit? Need them for an upcoming flight
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by mimo123
Just chose my 75k privileges - how long do the eupgrades usually take to deposit? Need them for an upcoming flight
I thought it should be pretty quick. I'm waiting until I run out of e-ups in the hope that they last an extra year .
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Quick question - If I booked an aeroplan reward flight for me and a guest on the same booking in Standard fare, does my guest also have complimentary checked bags etc (based on my SE status), or do I have to put them on a flex fare for them to get that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.