Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[NO SOLICITATION] Air Canada status pass gifting thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note that due to FlyerTalk forum rules, status passes may only be freely shared but not solicited in any form. Posts asking for passes will be deleted, as will posts replying to offers. If you want to take someone up on their offer, please send them a PM.

This thread isn't meant to serve as a substitute for the trading of airline instruments as those transactions are to be done within the Coupon Connection forum which does require a minimum number of posts & time on FT to be eligible to enter. This thread is meant to freely offer status passes to fellow forum members.

For information on status passes themselves, please see this thread: Status Passes - what are they and how to use them?

Adam Smith
Air Canada Forum Co-Moderator
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

3 status pass available, expiring end of year. PM

All claimed. I received a lot of PM's so if I don't hear reply back from the first three within 48 hours, I will apply it to the next person in line. Thanks everyone! Glad to see these not wasted. Check PM's! I ignored all the 0 post Oct 2021 accounts

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 19, 2021 at 11:45 am
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: as with the MLL pass gifting thread, we thought it would be best to have a dedicated thread to the offering of status passes. Please note the very short rules in the wiki, which are the same as apply to MLL pass gifting.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I have a bunch of status passes, and so far my FOTSG friends have not been taking them up, so I'm willing to offer a few to the FT community (number indeterminate; I'll update this post when I'm no longer offering).

Please send me a PM and let me know what you would be using the pass for - priority is to those who will be able to maximise the value on the passes (more pax on PNRs, more connections where lounge access could be used, etc).

If you're thinking of signing up for an account just to ask for a pass like some of the people who PMed @SKYEG, I'll save you the trouble - your PMs will be deleted. I would like these passes to go to someone who has participated in the FT community, especially those who have made some sort of contribution.

Also note that you have to provide your PNR to have a status pass applied, and I reserve the right to look up your booking to make sure you're not BSing about how much value you'll get out of it - don't tell me you have 8 people on a round trip booking with 4 segments from cities with MLLs when I can see that it's just you on a one-way non-stop
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Lol to comment on Adam's post, I indeed also had people message me saying they were on Standard fare and needed free bags who were actually on Flex fares. Let's try to be honest people...
Adam Smith and hughjorgan like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
It is a nice gesture which I would expect from the AC FT community, but also risky

As the one gifting the pass, what is the risk to your reputation within AC/Aeroplan should the Recipient abuse the privileges?

As the Recipient, you are exposing your entire PNR to what amounts to an online stranger who would have full access to revise/cancel your ticket.

I'm in the same position whereby I am soliciting people I know to see if they can benefit from the Status and MLL passes; I will not be offering or considering requests for the reasons listed above.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
It is a nice gesture which I would expect from the AC FT community, but also risky

As the one gifting the pass, what is the risk to your reputation within AC/Aeroplan should the Recipient abuse the privileges?

As the Recipient, you are exposing your entire PNR to what amounts to an online stranger who would have full access to revise/cancel your ticket.

I'm in the same position whereby I am soliciting people I know to see if they can benefit from the Status and MLL passes; I will not be offering or considering requests for the reasons listed above.
The same could be said about eUp nominees...
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
In what way would the recipients "abuse" the privileges? And why would you expect this to impact the gifter's "reputation"? If anyone misbehaves on flights, AC Corporate Security will make note on the passengers' files. I highly doubt they will come looking for the person who gifted the status pass.

That's true, and it's up to the potential recipients whether they want to incur that risk. They can make an assessment of the gifter and decide whether or not to share the information. If I were a potential recipient, I might not want to share my PNR with someone who had just signed up for FT and only made a few posts, while I would probably feel okay sharing it with someone who had been a longtime member of the community. But that's up to every individual to decide.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Status pass available for gifting. Expires Dec 31 2021.
FTer responding must be the recipient.
Feel free to PM.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I also have two status passes to gift to active FTers before end of the year. PM if interested.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ditto. Got three of these. Used only one but for a party of four.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I have 2 to share.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Accor Silver, AC 75K
PM'd you!
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:55 pm

I have one that will go unloved, expires Dec 31
Old Dec 20, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I have 6 to share.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
I have 2 to share

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.