Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Or maybe, as often happens, there wasn't enough time to set up the payment system for the one person on the flight who wanted to buy something.
Standard redemption, so nothing with the fare. I think I saw them charging others so I don't think it was a payment system issue. I think it was either a 'lack of snack' issue, or because I had given them mucho grief on boarding for not letting me store my laptop bag under 28A (I was in 30 A on the 321 with no "A" in row 29). Apparently a new directive came out 3 days ago saying no stowage at all under row 28 seats for 'safety reasons'...after it being allowed for 20 YEARS that the aircraft has been in service....I'll also post that part in the correct thread.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by trek604
They ran out of the chicken which I would've liked to try.
The honey ginger chicken has become one of my favorite chicken dish on AC...definitely give it a try next time you have a chance
Eagle2000 and warpdryv like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
The honey ginger chicken has become one of my favorite chicken dish on AC...definitely give it a try next time you have a chance
Also like the garlic ginger chicken with fried rice. Definitely don’t miss the chunks of steamed white meat chicken with mystery sauce from last year.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:42 am

It has been a while since I had a short haul ( <2 hours) flight with AC. Unsure if this is new from the recent food revamp that they are rolling out.

I think the attendant said this was duck (?) I had my AirPods in and not 100% i heard correctly.

Different than what I remembered as a snack that was usually offered (Salmon or cheese plate)…

Colorful plate and taste was not bad. G&T is on point.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They've had various options on the short-hauls over the years. I'm not sure if I've ever had that, but I would not be surprised to see something like that served.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by luckyleia
It has been a while since I had a short haul ( <2 hours) flight with AC. Unsure if this is new from the recent food revamp that they are rolling out.

I think the attendant said this was duck (?) I had my AirPods in and not 100% i heard correctly.

Different than what I remembered as a snack that was usually offered (Salmon or cheese plate)…

I've had this on evening flights from YOW to YYZ in J. It was a nice light snack - much nicer than the salmon. Duck seems plausible from what i remember.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:57 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by luckyleia

I also had this within the last.... 2-3 years? I believe on a YYZ - IAD flight but can't recall for sure. But agree, it was decent.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by warpdryv
I've had this on evening flights from YOW to YYZ in J. It was a nice light snack - much nicer than the salmon. Duck seems plausible from what i remember.
Did AC always serve food on short flights? I've never been served anything on a plate in short-haul J.

All I got were kit kats and a drink on my YUL-YYZ, DCA-YYZ and BOS-YYZ flights. Maybe I just had lazy flight attendants?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:18 am

Were they "gone" as in "other pax took them", or just "not part of the snack basket any more"?

They were not present in the snack basket on my last two flights, and I was in row 1 and 2.
Happy to report the KitKats were in the snack basket on AC 122 from YVR to YYZ yesterday along with the new items they have recently added.

Other aspects of the meal experience were not quite as positive, but I'll post that with pics later.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by billdokes
Happy to report the KitKats were in the snack basket on AC 122 from YVR to YYZ yesterday along with the new items they have recently added.

Other aspects of the meal experience were not quite as positive, but I'll post that with pics later.
Curse them for putting candy bags in the snack basket, such a weakness for those.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by traveller12345
Did AC always serve food on short flights? I've never been served anything on a plate in short-haul J.

All I got were kit kats and a drink on my YUL-YYZ, DCA-YYZ and BOS-YYZ flights. Maybe I just had lazy flight attendants?
More likely your flight was late enough that they were on snack basket times.

It's a hot meal for breakfast, and a cold snack plate until 2100ish.

I've never not had one, and I've flown a lot of short-hauls.
chrisny2 and billdokes like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:59 pm

More likely your flight was late enough that they were on snack basket times.

It's a hot meal for breakfast, and a cold snack plate until 2100ish.

I've never not had one, and I've flown a lot of short-hauls.
They were afternoon-evening departures, only once was a late flight because it was quite a bit delayed.

I guess I was just unlucky as I was never served 100% of the time I flew AC short-haul J, so I thought that was the service standard. Maybe I should have submitted a complaint form for some discount coupons...
Old Mar 23, 2024, 11:46 pm

AC 122 - March 20 - YVR/YYZ

Paper menus still provided and matched the menu on the App

Menu forgot to mention that the seasonal green 'salad' would be a few wilted leaves of Spring Mix under a mountain of Quinoa, which for me is like olives to canadiancow I just don't eat it.

No selection of dressing.

As you will see the fish appetizer doesn't really look like the description of Seared Ahi Tuna on the menu, because it isn't; it appears the caterer in Vancouver is still working through the lifetime supply of thick cut smoked salmon they bought.

The main was 'ok'...the potato gratin was tasty, as were the beans, but as you can see the beans were well over-cooked. The beef was somewhat tasty, but like all Air Canada beef I found it to be fatty and it's been given a bath in the sauce to the point of drowning.

The brownie was tasty.

New snack basket in J was fully stocked with all of the new items along with the past favorites - KitKats in particular appear to be alive and well.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-YYZ 1 April 720 am A223 seat 2C

Bottle of water handed out as PDB.

Brsakfast was choice of omelet or French toast. Chose omelet. Bread basket followed but with curious selection of bread (ie no breakfast breads).

Excellent crew.

Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:39 pm

YYZ-SFO. Excellent crew.

But after drinking four Perriers from the can, they ran out.

I switched to Club Soda, out of the can.

Then I had a sparkling wine. And then they ran out.

And they also ran out of glasses around that time.

Very premium experience to have your third choice served in plastic.
Nitehawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.