Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
I need to fly from North America to SE Asia, have a stopover, and continue onto Europe. I'm prepared to buy 2 separate tickets, but wanted to see if the stopover policy applies to this routing.
Number 9
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by boomerandzapper
If I book with points city A -> city B and a seperate booking city B -> C both on partner saver, will aeroplan let me combine these two bookings to one and price as A->C with a stopover in B? (both booked as flex) Priced A->C with a stopover in B before.

Wondering because both legs are hard to get unless you book right when they release.
If you book them separately, no. You need to book one, then call in to add the second leg & stopover once availae, and you'll have to pay whatever the difference in miles is.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
So only option would be 2 tickets, right?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:20 am
zam

You can put them on one ticket. It just will price as two separate directions and not as a 5k point stopover. If you're using a priority reward you would want to keep them on the same ticket.
billdokes and kalderlake like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:19 am

I have an flight booking that I made months back in J Flexible. Since the original booking, I've tried adding the TPE-ICN leg with BR J over the course of 5-6 months and agents can never add it in saying it's not bookable, so I ended up booking the leg with Asiana. The only issue is there's a 7+ layover in between with this flight.

The TPE-ICN BR leg appears to be bookable separately, but not combined with my original booking.

Original Booking: YYZ-TPE (BR J)
Revised Booking: YYZ-TPE (BR J) - ICN (Asiana J)
Desired Final Booking: YYZ-TPE-ICN (All BR J)

Is there anything that can be done?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite 35K
Originally Posted by vanilarice89
I have an flight booking that I made months back in J Flexible. Since the original booking, I've tried adding the TPE-ICN leg with BR J over the course of 5-6 months and agents can never add it in saying it's not bookable, so I ended up booking the leg with Asiana. The only issue is there's a 7+ layover in between with this flight.

The TPE-ICN BR leg appears to be bookable separately, but not combined with my original booking.

Original Booking: YYZ-TPE (BR J)
Revised Booking: YYZ-TPE (BR J) - ICN (Asiana J)
Desired Final Booking: YYZ-TPE-ICN (All BR J)

Is there anything that can be done?

I cannot do BR to BR, only BR connecting to OZ, but I do not see a difference whether I do BR or OZ, end of the day, it is a J class anyways, the earlier BR flight to ICN does not meet MCT to reissue my ticket
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:30 am

Stopover Existing Booking Lowest Reward

Hi, I have an existing booking from YVR-ICN in J. Would like to add a stop in Japan after, doesn't matter the city Tokyo or Osaka. Can I do this online?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by stevololpb18
Hi, I have an existing booking from YVR-ICN in J. Would like to add a stop in Japan after, doesn't matter the city Tokyo or Osaka. Can I do this online?
No
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC 50k
Hello,

I'm trying to book the following routing using points (as a priority reward will make it more cost effective than cash)

YYZ -> YVR
YVR -> SEA (layover of 4-5+ hours as I want to ensure I get my 2nd US nexus interview done)
SEA -> YVR (same day return as YVR to SEA)
Stay in YVR for a few days
YVR -> YYZ

Conceptually it would be nice if I could do YYZ -SEA, with a stopover in YVR for a few days before completing the itinerary to return back to YYZ. I noted that stopovers aren't allowed in US/CAD so I believe the only option to do this is to book 4 separate flights via the call centre (have to assume they can do this all in one PNR, and I assume there may be some kind of online phone booking fee to do so).

Is that correct?

If yes, the other question would be does anyone have any thoughts on if I could/should put myself on standby in YVR -> SEA (and return)? I;m going to leave a long layover time to ensure I get my Nexus done but in the event YVR nexus is quick I also don't want to stay in the airport any longer than necessary and would value heading to SEA and back sooner rather than later so I can enjoy YVR...

haven't flown standby in ages, and definitely not on aeroplan redemption so not sure how that works.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by liquidpop
Hello,

I'm trying to book the following routing using points (as a priority reward will make it more cost effective than cash)

YYZ -> YVR
YVR -> SEA (layover of 4-5+ hours as I want to ensure I get my 2nd US nexus interview done)
SEA -> YVR (same day return as YVR to SEA)
Stay in YVR for a few days
YVR -> YYZ

Conceptually it would be nice if I could do YYZ -SEA, with a stopover in YVR for a few days before completing the itinerary to return back to YYZ. I noted that stopovers aren't allowed in US/CAD so I believe the only option to do this is to book 4 separate flights via the call centre (have to assume they can do this all in one PNR, and I assume there may be some kind of online phone booking fee to do so).

Is that correct?

If yes, the other question would be does anyone have any thoughts on if I could/should put myself on standby in YVR -> SEA (and return)? I;m going to leave a long layover time to ensure I get my Nexus done but in the event YVR nexus is quick I also don't want to stay in the airport any longer than necessary and would value heading to SEA and back sooner rather than later so I can enjoy YVR...

haven't flown standby in ages, and definitely not on aeroplan redemption so not sure how that works.
Why don't you just a buy a one-way ticket to Vancouver, stay for a few days then fly or take the train to Seattle, then get a direct flight back to Toronto. No need to buy 4 separate tickets.

Alternative, you can definitely get a YYZ-SEA ticket with a long Vancouver layover. Buy it on the Aeroplan site, or piece it together on your own and call in (layover may be restricted to 4hrs max in this case).
Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC 50k
Originally Posted by theunknown96
Why don't you just a buy a one-way ticket to Vancouver, stay for a few days then fly or take the train to Seattle, then get a direct flight back to Toronto. No need to buy 4 separate tickets.
I have to complete the air nexus interview from an airport (it's part of the two part nexus interview process and since i did part 1 in YYZ airport I need to complete part 2 in an airport). So unfortunately train isn't an option. Another option is do two separate round trips (YYZ - YVR, YVR - SEA) but I think it's not as cost effective as the YYZ - SEA and I would probably just skip SEA if I can't price this effectively and look for another date to hit the US with a real visit.

Originally Posted by theunknown96
Alternative, you can definitely get a YYZ-SEA ticket with a long Vancouver layover. Buy it on the Aeroplan site, or piece it together on your own and call in (layover may be restricted to 4hrs max in this case).
This would be possible if I wanted to return same day back to YYZ .

The reason why I want to stay in YVR is because I need to reposition to YVR for a MR (which will occupy me for a few days "from YVR" before i return to YYZ) and so I'm trying to hit more than one objective with the repositioning (as the SEA round-trip is essentially free if I can price it out the way I'm hoping).

This is maybe crazy/impossible so maybe I'll only go to YVR for the repositioning flight but hoping I can figure this out to crush out the Nexus interview while I'm at it.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 10:04 pm

Wondering if anyone can help me understand what might be going on here.
I have a LHR-SIN-MLE award. Looking to push the second flight out by a day, creating a stopover in SIN. Agent says the SIN-MLE flight the following day is not bookable, due to phantom availability (or de-sync as they put it). Played around with the search tool a little more and I'm pretty sure that:
-SIN-MLE flights show up in search individually and are presumably bookable.
-LHR-SIN-MLE flights with a normal layover in SIN show up in search with same availability as on the individual segments. They are bookable, or at least the one I booked was.
-LHR-SIN <Stopover> SIN-MLE flights do not come up in search at all. Tried a whole bunch of permutations of segments and stopovers of varying length that should be available given individual segment availability.
-I tried a few other cities XXX-SIN//SIN-MLE and they all came up in search fine with stopovers. It just seems like stopovers are not allowed when coming from LHR or something.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by eggsbenedict
Wondering if anyone can help me understand what might be going on here.
I have a LHR-SIN-MLE award. Looking to push the second flight out by a day, creating a stopover in SIN. Agent says the SIN-MLE flight the following day is not bookable, due to phantom availability (or de-sync as they put it). Played around with the search tool a little more and I'm pretty sure that:
-SIN-MLE flights show up in search individually and are presumably bookable.
-LHR-SIN-MLE flights with a normal layover in SIN show up in search with same availability as on the individual segments. They are bookable, or at least the one I booked was.
-LHR-SIN <Stopover> SIN-MLE flights do not come up in search at all. Tried a whole bunch of permutations of segments and stopovers of varying length that should be available given individual segment availability.
-I tried a few other cities XXX-SIN//SIN-MLE and they all came up in search fine with stopovers. It just seems like stopovers are not allowed when coming from LHR or something.

Any thoughts?
I have no idea when you're traveling but I was able to make new LHR-SIN//SIN-MLE award bookings. Looked at later this week and in a few months; stops of 2, 5 & 9 days. I won't claim that my search was in any way exhaustive (or close to when you're flying) but, yeah, there seems to be availability (both J and Y) for my random dates. If you've found the same for your dates, call again?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by YSJ8ed
I have no idea when you're traveling but I was able to make new LHR-SIN//SIN-MLE award bookings. Looked at later this week and in a few months; stops of 2, 5 & 9 days. I won't claim that my search was in any way exhaustive (or close to when you're flying) but, yeah, there seems to be availability (both J and Y) for my random dates. If you've found the same for your dates, call again?
Thanks for taking a look. I finally had time to make a bit more of an exhaustive poke around. It seems like SQ just has some availability that can not be used for stopovers alongside other specific SQ flights for whatever reason. Possibly intentional, possibly just IT wonkiness.

My flight I'd like to book is SQ432 SIN-MLE Nov 20 in J.

It can be booked on it's own.
It can be booked connecting from an SQ flight from Europe without a stopover (tested LON-SIN-MLE Nov 19/20)
It can be booked with a stopover in SIN following SQ flights from Asia (tested KUL, ICN, BKK)
It can not be booked with a stopover in SIN following flights from Europe (tested LHR, LGW, FRA, MXP)

But it's not a blanket policy, as there's a flight on Nov 19 that will happily combine with a SQ flight from Europe and a stopover in SIN.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by eggsbenedict
Thanks for taking a look. I finally had time to make a bit more of an exhaustive poke around. It seems like SQ just has some availability that can not be used for stopovers alongside other specific SQ flights for whatever reason. Possibly intentional, possibly just IT wonkiness.

My flight I'd like to book is SQ432 SIN-MLE Nov 20 in J.

It can be booked on it's own.
It can be booked connecting from an SQ flight from Europe without a stopover (tested LON-SIN-MLE Nov 19/20)
It can be booked with a stopover in SIN following SQ flights from Asia (tested KUL, ICN, BKK)
It can not be booked with a stopover in SIN following flights from Europe (tested LHR, LGW, FRA, MXP)

But it's not a blanket policy, as there's a flight on Nov 19 that will happily combine with a SQ flight from Europe and a stopover in SIN.
This is SQ revenue management, not AC though.
YSJ8ed likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.