Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR nonstop to Europe next April

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
YVR nonstop to Europe next April

Looking to burn some priority rewards (biz class) and get to Europe next April (2022). Looks like at the moment the only nonstop on AC metal out of YVR is to LHR (I don't think priority rewards work on codeshares?). Anyone have any insight as to whether there will be more YVR --> Europe nonstops on AC metal next April outside of the LHR option? I know in the past AC had FRA, ZUR, CDG, and DUB (on Rouge) nonstop options out of YVR.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
FRA would be your next likely bet, but any published schedule outside of the next month or two is completely hypothetical at this point.
Adam Smith, YOWgary and tcook052 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Yeah understand it's all hypothetical this far out. I know back in 2019 all routes I listed were flying by this time (June) (and I also know they were seasonal (routes LHR being the exception)). Right now, only LHR is operational.

And yes I also understand that Covid has thrown a monkey wrench into all of this.

I guess I'm more wondering if AC has made any announcements about permanently pulling out of any of these YVR --> <insert Europe destination here> nonstop routes that they used to fly.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I would put YVR-LHR at near-100% certainty, and YVR-ZRH at near-0%.

All other possibilities fall in between.
tcook052, Bohemian1 and lsquare like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:12 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ajcopley
I guess I'm more wondering if AC has made any announcements about permanently pulling out of any of these YVR --> <insert Europe destination here> nonstop routes that they used to fly.
No, they haven't.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'm sure something will come back, but it's hard to determine what because we don't know the demand and profitability for the individual destinations.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Looking to burn some priority rewards (biz class) and get to Europe next April (2022). Looks like at the moment the only nonstop on AC metal out of YVR is to LHR [/b](I don't think priority rewards work on codeshares?)[b]. Anyone have any insight as to whether there will be more YVR --> Europe nonstops on AC metal next April outside of the LHR option? I know in the past AC had FRA, ZUR, CDG, and DUB (on Rouge) nonstop options out of YVR.
You can't book codeshares with points, period.

But priority rewards work on any airline.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You can't book codeshares with points, period.

But priority rewards work on any airline.
Can't book codeshares with points? What do you mean? I can book a flight right now using points on other Star Alliance operated flights. For example, I can book nonstop YVR to FRA (operated by Lufthansa) using points, or YVR --> SFO --> FRA (operated by United) using points. Are those not codeshares (and it's quite possible I don't understand the definition of "codeshare")?

What I have confirmed since the original post (and what you've confirmed as well) is that I CAN use priority rewards on any airline.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Can't book codeshares with points? What do you mean? I can book a flight right now using points on other Star Alliance operated flights. For example, I can book nonstop YVR to FRA (operated by Lufthansa) using points, or YVR --> SFO --> FRA (operated by United) using points. Are those not codeshares (and it's quite possible I don't understand the definition of "codeshare")?
Codeshare means one airline operates the flight using flight numbers from a different airline (e.g. LH flight with an AC flight number). For an award, the flight number will always belong to the operating carrier (LH flight with LH flight number).
Old Jun 13, 2021, 8:55 pm

YVR-CDG has already been cancelled/removed for Summer 2022. LHR/FRA/DUB/ZRH are all currently still scheduled in 2022 for now.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
If you're specifically looking at April as mentioned, most summer seasonal routes don't start til ~May, so even if AC were to add/restore some routes, I wouldn't expect much for April. If LHR is the only non-stop showing for April, that sounds like a good basis for what to expect. Even if the summer seasonal routes like FRA/DUB/ZRH that are on the current schedule did restart for next summer, I'd say it's unlikely that AC would advance the restart date into April as most summer seasonal routes start around May 1 or later.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcashin
If you're specifically looking at April as mentioned, most summer seasonal routes don't start til ~May, so even if AC were to add/restore some routes, I wouldn't expect much for April. If LHR is the only non-stop showing for April, that sounds like a good basis for what to expect. Even if the summer seasonal routes like FRA/DUB/ZRH that are on the current schedule did restart for next summer, I'd say it's unlikely that AC would advance the restart date into April as most summer seasonal routes start around May 1 or later.
Yup understand and agree that most of AC's 'seasonal' service to the EU doesn't really start until May at the earliest (and we very well may shift our dates out a month...still a bit undecided at the moment).

hollywoodcory17 "YVR-CDG has already been cancelled/removed for Summer 2022. LHR/FRA/DUB/ZRH are all currently still scheduled in 2022 for now."

Where do you see that YVR / CDG has been cancelled/removed for summer 2022?

Last edited by ajcopley; Jun 14, 2021 at 8:43 am
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:45 am

Yup understand and agree that most of AC's 'seasonal' service to the EU doesn't really start until May at the earliest (and we very well may shift our dates out a month...still a bit undecided at the moment).

hollywoodcory17 "YVR-CDG has already been cancelled/removed for Summer 2022. LHR/FRA/DUB/ZRH are all currently still scheduled in 2022 for now.". Where do you see that YVR / CDG has been cancelled/removed for summer 2022?
It's been removed from the schedule. It is still possible for it to be restored at some point.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Looking to burn some priority rewards (biz class) and get to Europe next April (2022). Looks like at the moment the only nonstop on AC metal out of YVR is to LHR (I don't think priority rewards work on codeshares?). Anyone have any insight as to whether there will be more YVR --> Europe nonstops on AC metal next April outside of the LHR option? I know in the past AC had FRA, ZUR, CDG, and DUB (on Rouge) nonstop options out of YVR.
You can use Priority awards on Star partners... So there is the LH YVR-FRA. While just barely in Europe the TK flight YVR-IST also allows for lots of appealing options.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Technically, stuff like YVR-DUB is still on the schedule for this summer: https://info.flightmapper.net/route/YY_DUB_YVR
DIRECT FLIGHTS: Mon,Tue,Thu,Sat 10:15 Dublin (DUB) 1 11:40 Vancouver (YVR) M
Air Canada AC 805 Non-stop Airbus A330-300 (333) 9:25 Effective 2021-07-03 through 2021-10-12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.