Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Turkish (TK) award availability issues (2021 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold

I don't see any award availability for Turkish Airlines on any *A partner except for intra-Europe despite Expert Flyer & Miles and Smiles showing a ton of space. I called Aeroplan and they were not able to find anything either. Has TK pulled all North America-Turkey award availability from partners?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I saw flights all the way to HKT yesterday with TK. Just did a search and I can see BOS-IST-HKT in J for late August,
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:05 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pmfc
Has TK pulled all North America-Turkey award availability from partners?
No. I'm not sure why you would leap to that conclusion. I searched for a handful of North American cities to IST in the fall and winter and all came back with seats on TK in both Y and J.

If you can offer information about your dates and routes, perhaps someone here may be able to offer some assistance.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:24 am
Original Poster

I don't see anything for this summer from NYC-IST. I was looking for July 5th from EWR-IST and July 4th from JFK-IST. 4 seats in I on ExpertFlyer, no *A availability.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Oh look, my second favorite airline to use EF award search! EF consistently reports lots of I-space, but it's unbookable by partners.

And as Adam said, there's tons of space. You're looking specifically for two flights. Lack of availability on two flights does not mean there's no availability.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Got it - I thought space in I class meant there would always be partner availability. Thanks all
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:07 pm

I am going to bump this thread, because my question is along the same line. I want to use a direct flight from YVR to IST, in early January. Now on Aeroplan website, I can use TK, and find award space, but is is not non-stop, and putting me through FRA etc.

Am I correct that this direct flight TK76, does not have any award space available, and in fact may not be offered on this flight?

Thanks for your help beforehand
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I've been trying to find space on TK76 for a business redemption for awhile, I don't check often, but I haven't found it yet. I have seen Y space...
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I've been trying to find space on TK76 for a business redemption for awhile, I don't check often, but I haven't found it yet. I have seen Y space...
I have seen it - and booked it early in COVID then had to cancel it (YVR-IST). TK J award space is tough to find. Each carrier's award space comes out a certain number of days prior. I think TK is 330 days. You need to plan to try and jump on it as soon as it becomes available and even then it may not be there.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 7:41 pm

I've been tracking it intermittently for next fall, and it's spotty even then. In either direction.

And that goes for TK routes to a variety of destinations--CMB, JNB, LXR.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This isn't really an Aeroplan issue, so with my moderator hat on, I'd suggest consulting the TK forum for further discussion of TK releasing award space on particular routes...
lovebc2 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: AP, MP
Not seeing award flight on TK

So, I am looking to book award flight to HKT in December (example Dec15). For some reason, AC doesn’t give me the option to book on IST-HKT.

few observations:

- for some reason, availability on AC website for this flight seems to stop in early October
- If I login in TK website with Miles and Smiles, I see availability on Dec 15 and pretty much any other date.
- same problem if I choose BKK on AC webiste
- No problem on the AC website if I check IST-SIN

I generally wouldn’t mind flying to SIN and then transferring to my destination in Thailand (KBV), but with the current situation it’s not something I am willing to do.

what could be the problem? Is it possible that they could find these seats if I call?

thanks
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ohliuw
So, I am looking to book award flight to HKT in December (example Dec15). For some reason, AC doesn’t give me the option to book on IST-HKT.

few observations:

- for some reason, availability on AC website for this flight seems to stop in early October
- If I login in TK website with Miles and Smiles, I see availability on Dec 15 and pretty much any other date.
- same problem if I choose BKK on AC webiste
- No problem on the AC website if I check IST-SIN
what could be the problem? Is it possible that they could find these seats if I call?
There isn't just automatically award space on every Turkish Airlines flight. Each airline in the Alliance will make a portion of its flights available for partner awards, but no route or class is ever guaranteed. So, booking with Aeroplan you'll find more Air Canada seats than you will Turkish, and vice versa.

In years of searching TK flights with Aeroplan, I've found it are NOT to see space available on trunk routes like IST-SIN and IST-CGK, but IST-HKT is not a route where I find space is constantly available.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: AP, MP
Originally Posted by YOWgary
There isn't just automatically award space on every Turkish Airlines flight. Each airline in the Alliance will make a portion of its flights available for partner awards, but no route or class is ever guaranteed. So, booking with Aeroplan you'll find more Air Canada seats than you will Turkish, and vice versa.

In years of searching TK flights with Aeroplan, I've found it are NOT to see space available on trunk routes like IST-SIN and IST-CGK, but IST-HKT is not a route where I find space is constantly available.
any chance they will release them at some point? I suppose if I call, over the phone won’t have access to anything more than I see online?

it sucks as all the other routes are nuts. I need to do a stopover in SOF: YUL SOF HKT (hence will have to book over the phone to book it as a single one way). Travelling with 2 kids, so I am looking for the most direct and fastest routes
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
No, phone agents cannot make partner-award space appear.

There are many ways to get to HKT, are you trying to fly business or economy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.