Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Premium Cabin Offer - it is really $898 one way?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Premium Cabin Offer - it is really $898 one way?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2021, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
New Premium Cabin Offer - it is really $899 one way?

Here is the offer (see link):

https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/premium-cabins-offer

The fare is $899

I looked at one day - August 7 - YOW-YVR

Fares range from CAD $599 to $1426 one way (I initially was directed to US web site the and prices were quoted in US dollars)

So the fares do not seem to be fixed to the $899 maximum - even for signature class

Is there a promo code associated with this promotion?

(I can not figure out how to copy and paste that page; or copy the link, also the snipping tool does not seem to work for me - maybe one can send me a pm as to how to copy or snip the page)

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; May 22, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Old May 22, 2021, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Prices correctly for me with setting for Canada to display in CAD. The $899 is Business Class Lowest, same with PE.

Are you possibly in USD?

BTW I saved my ac.com screen shot to Flickr and then downloaded a link to share the image.
Old May 22, 2021, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
But the flights with connections range from a lower figure (ie $599) to a much higher fligure ($1426)- for that particular date. So YOW-YVR flights with connections do not seem to be fixed at $898?

I usually like to take connections via YYZ for a variety of reasons - including signature class is not usually available on direct YOW-YVR flights (but at least for this summer, as in the above example, it is available).

PS-Again, I have to learn to copy the whole page.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K
If you scroll to the bottom of the promotional page (at least on mobile) it lists the flights that are eligible and it only shows the direct flight out of YOW to YVR. Doesn’t look like connecting flights are eligible.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
So YOW-YVR flights with connections do not seem to be fixed at $898?
My guess is that it doesn't work for your connection because there's no signature class on YOW-YYZ.
Old May 23, 2021, 12:19 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
The problem I have with AC's offer is the banner on the front page of ac.com: $899* anywhere in Canada. Anywhere in Canada that only includes this list of specific city pairings and specific flights. Not the rest of Canada where you can buy Signature class flights as part of a bigger itinerary.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 8:31 am
Original Poster

I would say that the promotion is somewhat misleading. The title suggests ANY route with AC signature class/premium cabin. But the first terms and condition is that the promotion is only on the direct non-stop routes listed below.

Terms and Conditionskeyboard_arrow_down

This Offer is valid on new bookings made as of May 12 at 00:01 EST and until May 25, 2021 11:59 PM EST for the routes represented above (“Offer Period”).

This Offer is valid for flight operated by Air Canada® (excluding flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) to all Canadian destinations where Air Canada flies to, for travel between June 15 and September 6, 2021. This Offer does not apply on codeshare, interline flights, Premium Economy (flexible fares) and Air Canada Signature Class (Business Class flexible fares).

The CA$599.00 discounted fare is applicable on one-way flights in Premium Economy (lowest fare) and the CA$899.00 discounted fare is applicable on one-way flights in Air Canada Signature Class (Business Class lowest fare). This Offer is applicable for travel within Canada only. The discounted fares are inclusive of surcharges (which are included in the air transportation charges), taxes, fees and charges. For more information on about our fares please visit: https://www.aircanada.com/en-ca/about-our-fares

The Offer allows for Aeroplan Members travelling on the same booking to accrue points on eligible flight activity.

Subject to availability at time of booking. Terms and conditions subject to change without prior notice.

Due to travel restrictions, government recommendations and passenger demand resulting from the impact of COVID-19, eligible scheduled flights available for booking during the Offer Period may vary and are subject to change at any time without notice.

®Air Canada, ®Air Canada Express, ®Air Canada Rouge, and the Air Canada logo are registered trademarks of Air Canada.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT
SPECIAL OFFERS
ABOUT AIR CANADA
Old May 23, 2021, 8:58 am

I would say that the promotion is somewhat misleading. The title suggests ANY route with AC signature class/premium cabin. But the first terms and condition is that the promotion is only on the direct non-stop routes listed below.
This sale does not seem misleading to me. There are always terms & conditions but as promotions go I don't find the fine print completely contradicts the big print in this case.

And BTW a flight can be either direct or non-stop but not both.
EdmFlyBoi likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Please see below: why is at least on this date, the rate is somewhat more that the advertised promotional rate in premium economy and in business (signature) class?

Departure Vancouver YVR Saturday, August 14th, 2021 13:15 Arrival Ottawa YOW Saturday, August 14th, 2021 20:52. This is a non-stop flight. Duration 4hr37m. Flight AC 344 has Wifi.

Vancouver
Ottawa

AC 344

Economy
$119

Premium Economy
$642

Business Class
$965
Old May 23, 2021, 11:12 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Please see below: why is at least on this date, the rate is somewhat more that the advertised promotional rate in premium economy and in business (signature) class?
The catch-all in the T&C is "Subject to availability at time of booking."

I don't see any particular reason why it wouldn't be available on that flight (I wondered whether it was tied to availability in some fare bucket, but they're all 9s), but it may be as simple as AC only being willing to sell 2 of those fares on any flight, and 2 have already been sold. Who knows.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Departure Vancouver YVR Saturday, August 14th, 2021 13:15 Arrival Ottawa YOW Saturday, August 14th, 2021 20:52. This is a non-stop flight. Duration 4hr37m. Flight AC 344 has Wifi.

Vancouver
Ottawa

AC 344

Economy
$119

Premium Economy
$642

Business Class
$965

I see this for AC 344 on Aug 14, so I'm not sure what you are doing or looking at.

Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:16 am

Vancouver
Ottawa

AC 344

Economy
$119

Premium Economy
$642

Business Class
$965
AC344 looks pricing correctly on that day YVR-YOW to me.

Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The catch-all in the T&C is "Subject to availability at time of booking."

I don't see any particular reason why it wouldn't be available on that flight (I wondered whether it was tied to availability in some fare bucket, but they're all 9s), but it may be as simple as AC only being willing to sell 2 of those fares on any flight, and 2 have already been sold. Who knows.

Old May 23, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
This sale does not seem misleading to me.
The home page says "SIGNATURE CLASS SALE $899* anywhere in Canada"

You have a pretty interesting definition of "anywhere" if you don't think this is misleading. I guess you don't live in Canada
dr_torch likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The home page says "SIGNATURE CLASS SALE $899* anywhere in Canada"

You have a pretty interesting definition of "anywhere" if you don't think this is misleading. I guess you don't live in Canada
LOL but no as I was just going by what is advertised on OP's linked promo page as hadn't seen the home page teaser when I penned by previous post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.