Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Mileage Runs - Ideas & Plans

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Originally Posted by canopus27
Kinda depends. I'm not opposed to an immediate turn. In the past I've usually stayed a night. I do like Singapore ....
You said you care about MM status. I don't think AC flies to SIN so how will you make this work? The other segments will count if it's on AC metal.
I have multiple goals

YYZ-YVR-HKG-SIN is about 10K. HKG-SIN is about 1.5K. In other words, I could do that mileage run, and 100% of the miles would count for current year status, and 85% of the miles would also count for MM.
Adam Smith and talkeryxu like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I’m booked on a few YOW-YVR same day RTs in June.

Curious what the COVID restrictions will look like by then- although it seems like BCs latest announcements only affect inter-provincial boundaries between PHAs??
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
I’m booked on a few YOW-YVR same day RTs in June.

Curious what the COVID restrictions will look like by then- although it seems like BCs latest announcements only affect inter-provincial boundaries between PHAs??

I saw the announcement also, you are safe as no one will know you are there really. You get off one flight, and then you get on another flight an hour and a half later and you are staying airside.

You are good under both BC & Ont rules, just do not brag about it as there are some out there (Karens & Myrons) that don't understand. Last Friday when Doug Ford was announcing the Ontario update he appeared a bit flabbergasted when he mentioned he knew someone who flew from Toronto to Vancouver for two days and then flew back. If he hears what many are doing here, he may just have that heart attack, lol

Just smile and remember discretion is the best course of action during these times
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I saw the announcement also, you are safe as no one will know you are there really. You get off one flight, and then you get on another flight an hour and a half later and you are staying airside.

You are good under both BC & Ont rules, just do not brag about it as there are some out there (Karens & Myrons) that don't understand.
Worth noting that those fares remain available well into September, so if the only purpose of the trip is mileage running, one can also reduce both the health risk and the public-relations risk by making those same mileage runs, at the same price, a few months later when nearly everyone is fully vaccinated.

The other bonus to this strategy is that those flights are more likely to actually operate, though that's only important if you view getting re-routed through Toronto or Montreal as a bad thing.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:07 pm

Looks like schedule changes just got loaded. Just got emails for sched changes for all of my direct YOW-YVR MRs!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Looks like schedule changes just got loaded. Just got emails for sched changes for all of my direct YOW-YVR MRs!
Good or bad changes?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Good or bad changes?
Trying to login to my bookings to check it out now, but appears they cancelled the direct YOW-YVR for my dates and I'll have to connect via YYZ or YUL instead. Not the end of the world and works out to slightly more SQM/SQS for the same price, but adds a few hours with the connections.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Trying to login to my bookings to check it out now, but appears they cancelled the direct YOW-YVR for my dates and I'll have to connect via YYZ or YUL instead. Not the end of the world and works out to slightly more SQM/SQS for the same price, but adds a few hours with the connections.
Guess I'd better book some up before they push more changes!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
My YYZ-HND is now routed through YVR and to NRT. Not ideal.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

Just made all of my changes..... half an hour making 12 changes

Some better some just OK.

YYZ & YUL has been added no more direct flights, I like the short flight to YUL for the 250 AP and then the A330 to YVR, may upgrade on this flight
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:04 pm

Trying to figure out the optimal flights not for this YOW-XXX-YVR MR that it's turned into. Really doesn't seem to be any options that don't require either a 3 hour layover in YVR in between, a 3+ hour layover in YYZ on the return, or a 3 hour layover in YVR AND a return on the red eye via YYZ/YUL. Curious to see what the others are choosing HerpaYvr
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Just made all of my changes..... half an hour making 12 changes

Some better some just OK.

YYZ & YUL has been added no more direct flights, I like the short flight to YUL for the 250 AP and then the A330 to YVR, may upgrade on this flight
Now that there are only refurbished A330's on the YUL-YVR run, I occasionally backtrack to YVR to catch it.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:47 pm

Ended up switching to the ungodly 625am YOW-YUL-YVR and returning on the 130pm YVR-YYZ-YOW. Makes for a much longer (and earlier) day.. not yet sure if the extra SQM/SQS will be worth the extra time in the seat but I'm committed now! These same flights I rebooked onto are now running ~$500 o/w in standard, crazy.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 6:37 pm

What would you consider to be good cpm for a paid J cabin (no eUps) all AC metal MR?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
What would you consider to be good cpm for a paid J cabin (no eUps) all AC metal MR?
It depends on your goal.

Granted I'm talking US cents, but at 5cpm for paid J (which I've done many times), I book as many trips as I can. That's cheap enough that the points, MM, food and beverage, etc., is worth it to me. I'm booking every weekend from now until the end of the schedule.

At 10cpm I'm looking for how to make a vacation out of it. Or if I need the SQM, it's a great deal.

So if it's speculative because you're not sure you'll hit the requirements, I'd book the 10cpm, but not as a sequence of immediate turns. CPH for a weekend, TYO for a week, etc.

But again, if it's mid December, the math is a bit different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.