Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
I am including the link and full text of the AC Press Release issued on March 31 2021 so we have a record of the exact wording.
Mods are free to move this into a post with a reference note in the wiki.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021-03-31-Air-Canada-Further-Extends-Aeroplan-Elite-Status-and-Provides-Additional-Flexibility-for-All-Members

Air Canada Further Extends Aeroplan Elite Status and Provides Additional Flexibility for All Members
  • Members will enjoy their current Elite Status through the end of 2022
  • Validity of all Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 extended by one full year, and valid for use until October 2022
  • Other flexible policies, including a pause on points expiry, also extended
MONTREAL, March 31, 2021 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today announced several updates for Aeroplan Elite Status members, ensuring their status remains in effect, to give them flexibility and certainty. The changes include the extension of current Elite Status until the end of 2022, in addition to a previous extension through 2021, as well as the possibility to accelerate their status qualification in the years ahead.

"Loyalty is a two-way street, and we understand and appreciate why so many of your travel plans are interrupted this year. For that reason, we are automatically extending Aeroplan Elite Status for an additional year—through to the end of 2022," said Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce at Air Canada. "These changes are some of the many ways we're recognizing our members and demonstrating our commitment to welcoming them back onboard, whenever it's the right time for them to travel again."

This is the second year Air Canada has extended the status of its Aeroplan Elite members. In order to provide greater ease and flexibility, changes for Aeroplan Elite Status members include:

Automatic extension of 2021 Aeroplan Elite Status
All Aeroplan Elite Status for 2021 will automatically be extended through to the end of 2022.

Priority Reward Vouchers also extended
Air Canada is also extending the validity of all unused Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 by one full year, making them valid for use until October 2022.

Elite Status Qualification Jumpstart for 2022
For Aeroplan members who earn any Elite Status through their 2021 flight activity, the Status Qualifying Miles, Segments, and Dollars earned in 2021 will be honoured the next year, jumpstarting their status qualification in the years to come.

These improvements come in addition to other changes for all Aeroplan members:

Change or cancel Flight Rewards, free of charge
Aeroplan flight rewards booked through April 30, 2021 (for travel through April 2022) can be changed or cancelled free of charge, at any time. Members who opt to cancel will receive all of their Aeroplan points back in their account, plus a full refund of any associated taxes, fees and surcharges on the unused value of their travel.

Temporary pause to expiration of Aeroplan points
We have further paused expiry of Aeroplan points until January 31, 2022. This means that between now and January 30, 2022, any points which would have expired will not. Effective January 31, 2022, our recently improved expiration policy will apply, meaning that points will expire if an eligible transaction has not been completed prior to this date.

For more information, please visit this page.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada extends Elite status and Priority Rewards to 2022, adds SQx rollover

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Did everyone get the email?

It seems that still there are some people who have not received the email.

I see the moderator's post around 5:02 pm on the issue.

I have not received the email.

But interestingly, my wife did.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Lev
Does QR flight count for AQM and AQD?

I'm seeing that itinerary for ~$3,800 is that what you're seeing?
C$2332 will get you YYZ-HKG-SIN (via AC + SQ) and SIN-HND-YYZ (via ANA + AC) all in PY. So that will get you almost 24K SQM - and if you have upgrades to burn (which most of us will this year) and are prepared to play aerolotto, then there's a decent chance you'll be in a pod too.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Not true. There were issues with the migration so 1/3 of members had their deposited in mid-November including myself (Nov 17th to be exact). This way any vouchers they issued after launch are included in the rollover.
What exactly is untrue? I didn't say when they were issued, I said when they expire. I don't think mine were issued until November, and mine expire October 25, 2021, other than the ones I recently got after they did the double AQD true-up or whatever.

Does QR flight count for AQM and AQD?
Nope, nothing.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
It seems that still there are some people who have not received the email.

I see the moderator's post around 5:02 pm on the issue.

I have not received the email.

But interestingly, my wife did.
Mass emails like this goes out in batches sorted by either email, first, last name or aeroplan number.
vernonc and 24left like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM , Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Well hot damn! Going to have to give this a lot of thought. Retiring in Spring of 2024 so need to think about setting myself up as well as I can before I lose all my business travel. At least I'll make million mile status easy enough. Just 72,000 miles to go!
The Lev and streetcircusdan like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Great news. I have not travelled since February 2020 so really didn’t even use my status last year. Probably won’t travel until September. Would love to get 25k in to take full advantage of the kick start. I like AC’s approach with this offer.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by canopus27
C$2332 will get you YYZ-HKG-SIN (via AC + SQ) and SIN-HND-YYZ (via ANA + AC) all in PY. So that will get you almost 24K SQM - and if you have upgrades to burn (which most of us will this year) and are prepared to play aerolotto, then there's a decent chance you'll be in a pod too.
Only problem with this routing is that SIN-HND is in Y for ~7 hours. If you route both ways through HKG you can get PE on SQ for the same price... much as I like the service and meal on the HND-YYZ route.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Only problem with this routing is that SIN-HND is in Y for ~7 hours. If you route both ways through HKG you can get PE on SQ for the same price... much as I like the service and meal on the HND-YYZ route.
ANA don't have PY?

Or are you just focusing on the Y in PY?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC 75k
In usual AC fashion, my wife (with the same last name and a much higher AE number) received an email telling her that her gifted status was extended.
I'm still waiting for my engraved invitation.
All considered though I am very happy with the offer, and now have to decide how to book flights to best serve my status benefit for the rest of the year and next.
Golf clap Mr Nasr, well played sir!
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
E-mail finally just arrived here. So I'm about 15 hours less important than @24left, it seems
Old Apr 1, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
I’m glad this started yesterday. I got the email. With April Fools and all, this could have been a bad prank.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
What if say you fly enough to earn some gift of gift in 2021. Say you fly 350K SQM and get the 350K gift

The points then roll over... do you automatically get a second iteratation of the same gift in 2022? Or same question for e-up thresholds?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Happy camper here!
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Where did you see that? According to Aeroplan on twitter, it only applies to earned status, not gifted status.
So why is there an we are automatically extending your Aeroplan elite status email in my inbox this morning?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:11 am

Folks, let's try to get back to the topic at hand, i.e. status extension and incentives. Those wishing to discuss/plan mileage runs (including the merits of various airline products) are welcome to do so in a dedicated thread.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.