Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not been able to book stop over

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum , Hyatt Explorist, Marriott platinum , SPG Gold , Hilton Diamond
Not been able to book stop over

I am confused ! I booked MLE - Del (stop over ) - HND-ORD for 105k miles (business)

Today I called to change this flight to
IAD-AUH-MLE ( stop over ) - del - business
Agent is asking for 130k miles stating mle to del has to be in separate award. I cant do stop over in MLE because this is not logical and farther then del
I tried multiple agent and every one insist that whatever system allow will work . They cant over ride. System picks up whether this can be stop over or not. When i explained to them about stop over they says everything get repriced and new price will come based on fare. I try to tell them multiple time that this partner airline which is fixed but they don't believe and keep asking me for 20k more miles

My options

Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shekhar
I am confused ! I booked MLE - Del (stop over ) - HND-ORD for 105k miles (business)

Today I called to change this flight to
IAD-AUH-MLE ( stop over ) - del - business
Agent is asking for 130k miles stating mle to del has to be in separate award. I cant do stop over in MLE because this is not logical and farther then del
I tried multiple agent and every one insist that whatever system allow will work . They cant over ride. System picks up whether this can be stop over or not. When i explained to them about stop over they says everything get repriced and new price will come based on fare. I try to tell them multiple time that this partner airline which is fixed but they don't believe and keep asking me for 20k more miles

My options

Thanks
A "change" or a cancel and start again?
MLE-Del-HND-ORD
IAD-AUH-MLE-del
A map from Great Circle Mapper - Great Circle Mapper
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:12 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The OP has already posted this in another thread, and since cross-posting is not allowed, I'm going to close this.

@shekar, if you wish to follow up with new developments, please do so in the original thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.