Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Aircraft Maintenance - Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
AC Refurbished Aircraft threads and discussions

Air Canada plans to refurbish 18 of its 777
(page 1)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1577254-air-canada-plans-refurbish-18-its-777-a.html

Air Canada Airbus A330-300 refurbish configuration
(page 1)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1770960-air-canada-airbus-a330-300-refurbish-configuration.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

I've posted a few screen shots of AC aircraft flying to or from SIN and TLV for heavy maintenance. Some are buried in other threads which will be too time-consuming to find.

I recently posted a FR24 screen shot for an AC 777-300ER on the way to SIN and that post was deleted. It was suggested that I or someone start a thread for maintenance of AC aircraft. I'm not really sure it's worth it as it's not a frequent activity, especially now that all the AC 777s have been refurbished and I don't know when the A330s will get done and there are specific threads for those aircraft refurbs.

I did find a thread from 2014 with some interesting bits about where AC sends their aircraft. I'll link it here if anyone is curious

Why an Air Canada plane in SIN?

Tonight I noticed something I don't see too often, an AC bird coming from QPG and heading to NRT - Ill assume for a stop and perhaps crew swap.

On FlightAware it appears as such

I wandered over to FR24 to get other info.

I see it's Fin 944.

I also see the image FR24 has for this flight is, well....... "different" than expected. Maybe someone will notice and correct it. Amusing though.

As there are others here on AC FT who know more about AC's maintenance than I do, it would be great if you could contribute to this thread.

Amusing as it is, I can't stay awake all night watching things like AC birds flying SYD-YYZ non-stop - although that was epic.
(See Cargo thread for more) ✈️✈️✈️

MODS - you can re-name, merge or move this thread
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Adding this separately. Perhaps someone can confirm if this is still AC's plan as the Transat deal has not yet been approved

AC Media Release from 2020:

Air Canada announces establishment of Airframe Maintenance Centres of Excellence with AAR in Trois-Rivières and Avianor in Mirabel

QUOTE: (Bolding mine)

"MONTREAL, Feb. 24, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada has entered into letters of intent with each of AAR Aircraft Services Trois-Rivières ULC ("AAR") and Avianor Inc ("Avianor") regarding long-term agreements for airframe maintenance, subject to completion of its planned merger with Transat, A.T. These long-term agreements would enable each of AAR and Avianor to develop Airframe Maintenance Centres of Excellence in Quebec for the aircraft types within their areas of expertise, both stimulating new investment in aerospace in Quebec and creating more high-quality aircraft maintenance jobs.

The larger combined Airbus A330 fleet of Air Canada and Air Transat would enable Air Canada to move wide-body A330 maintenance work for both airlines from abroad to AAR in Trois-Rivières, in addition to maintaining and expanding AAR's airframe maintenance work in Quebec on the A320 family, including all new A321 neo aircraft.

In addition, Avianor would establish a new Centre of Excellence for Air Canada's new Airbus A220 fleet (formerly the Bombardier C-Series) in Mirabel, adjacent to Airbus' manufacturing facilities."

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2020...nor-in-Mirabel
Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Amusing as it is, I can't stay awake all night watching things like AC birds flying SYD-YYZ non-stop - although that was epic.
(See Cargo thread for more) ✈️✈️✈️
+1 lol although feels like that was ages ago. QPG-YYZ ns would have been awesome though not in a330
24left likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Feb 4 2021

Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
944 was in QPG for nearly a year. It has never flown a revenue flight for AC
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lewis_m
Thanks for the info. Should I note that it was not there for maintenance at all then?

@lewis_m is proof that others know why and where about AC aircraft. I just watch for interesting routings.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:31 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Thanks for the info. Should I note that it was not there for maintenance at all then?

@lewis_m is proof that others know why and where about AC aircraft. I just watch for interesting routings.
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-1149.htm
mileageking likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lewis_m
It has likely completed its refurbishment, hence the length of time it was in QPG. AC has 3 A330's that have been refurbished (FIN's 934, 942, and 945) and this is likely the 4th. FIN's 935-939 are all in RFD and likely getting refurbished there. It is a bit surprising that the refurbishment program has accelerated with what is going on, however, AC may see this as an opportunity to get the refurbishment program done in anticipation of 2022 and the hopeful return of many of the routes.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I've added the threads for the 777 and 330 refurbs to the wiki, since there is overlap. Feel free to update.
EdmFlyBoi likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

From YRQ - can anyone confirm if these were in storage or, maintenance, or?. Thanks

Feb 5

Feb 10

Old Feb 10, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
YRQ is for maintenance.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 2:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I was reading up on AAR's website and found some old AC bits.

Full post
https://www.aarcorp.com/air-canada-a...ance-/?F_All=y

Full post
https://www.aarcorp.com/air-canada-a...anada/?F_All=y
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I was reading up on AAR's website and found some old AC bits.

Full post
https://www.aarcorp.com/air-canada-a...ance-/?F_All=y

Full post
https://www.aarcorp.com/air-canada-a...anada/?F_All=y
Interesting. I wonder if this means the aircraft won't be going to SIN anymore?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by codfather
Interesting. I wonder if this means the aircraft won't be going to SIN anymore?
Those contracts are over 3 years old...
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Those contracts are over 3 years old...
The contracts for aircraft work at SIN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.