FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Ipsos poll on Concierge Services (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2030639-ipsos-poll-concierge-services.html)

Wings100 Dec 18, 2020 3:00 am

Nothing here

allbrosca Dec 18, 2020 7:12 am

Nothing here

Hypastyla Dec 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Nothing here either

ac/elite Dec 18, 2020 7:53 pm

I got it too yesterday and filled it out. Reminded me how much I miss flying and interacting with the concierges. Haven’t flown since early March.

The Lev Dec 18, 2020 8:50 pm

Nada here.

talkeryxu Dec 21, 2020 3:30 pm

Nothing for me, though I already got to vent to Air Canada's team a few months back in a Super Elite focus group, so I shouldn't feel too left out.

InTheAirGuy Dec 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr (Post 32892474)
This will lead to changes - perhaps even positive..

I don't connect here often, but when I do, I love the absolute mind boggling sense of humour I see - posts like this!

Also, nothing here for me and MrsITAG.

yyz_atc_qq Dec 21, 2020 8:56 pm

nothing here

Adam Smith Dec 22, 2020 1:42 am

Seems like the survey hits a pretty small sample of SEs, based on the posts here. You can certainly design surveys to extract statistically significant results from a small subset of a population, but with a group as heterogeneous as SEs, I wonder what work they do to obtain a representative sample? Also, since SEs are a fairly small population to begin with, why not sample a larger slice? Presumably with a fairly small group, the marginal cost per survey is pretty low, since there will be a pretty high fixed cost...

pilot007 Dec 22, 2020 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32904048)
Seems like the survey hits a pretty small sample of SEs, based on the posts here. You can certainly design surveys to extract statistically significant results from a small subset of a population, but with a group as heterogeneous as SEs, I wonder what work they do to obtain a representative sample? Also, since SEs are a fairly small population to begin with, why not sample a larger slice? Presumably with a fairly small group, the marginal cost per survey is pretty low, since there will be a pretty high fixed cost...

Could this be due to email marketing preferences or similar communication preferences set on our accounts? I very rarely receive anything from Air Canada...

Adam Smith Dec 22, 2020 8:17 am

Originally Posted by pilot007 (Post 32904378)
Could this be due to email marketing preferences or similar communication preferences set on our accounts? I very rarely receive anything from Air Canada...

I don't think so. I recieve lots from AC, including Ipsos surveys.

yyznomad Dec 22, 2020 11:31 am

I want my survey!
*pounds fists on table*
i want supRe Eleet to be changed to Special Eleet!
*pounds fists on table*

all kidding aside, I'm glad they're surveying some SEs, even if it's not many.

Bohemian1 Dec 22, 2020 11:43 am

Oddly enough, other than securing boarding passes, I've interacted more with the Concierges this year than last.

Every time I have called the artist phone number previously know as the SE Desk, it's been answered by a Concierge. And every time, a vaguely Cow-like voice pops into my head saying that I shouldn't be wasting this valuable resource ...

Adam Smith Dec 22, 2020 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 32905174)
I want my survey!
*pounds fists on table*
i want supRe Eleet to be changed to Special Eleet!
*pounds fists on table*

Yeah, don't they know who you are?! They're probably surveying a bunch of bottom-feeders but haven't asked the mighty yyznomad what he thinks!

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 32905211)
Oddly enough, other than securing boarding passes, I've interacted more with the Concierges this year than last.

Every time I have called the artist phone number previously know as the SE Desk, it's been answered by a Concierge. And every time, a vaguely Cow-like voice pops into my head saying that I shouldn't be wasting this valuable resource ...

I think I've also interacted with them more, but that's partly because I was often visiting them in October. Also, while I've done way less mileage this year, it has been much more on AC than usual (as a % of what miles I have done), and my segment count is only down ~30%. The joys of UFPing a bunch of turboprop flights! :)

yyznomad Dec 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32905347)
Yeah, don't they know who you are?! They're probably surveying a bunch of bottom-feeders but haven't asked the mighty yyznomad what he thinks!

Lol nah I think my opinions are in range of the majority SEs. So now need. :)