Wiki Posts
Search

YVR - ICN cancellations?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
YVR - ICN cancellations?

I need to travel to Seoul (ICN) near the end of this month. It's a bit time-sensitive unfortunately...
Do you know how prone the YVR-ICN flights are to cancellation in recent times? These flights happen most days of the week (AC 63/64 and 25/26). Is there an easy way to check? On flightaware I don't see cancellations for the past few days, but not sure what that means.
I'm hoping that around the holidays bookings are up and cancellations down...
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:56 pm

Barring some last minute government directive, I would say you are safe with ICN.
fhias likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 2:53 pm

Is AC25/26 bookable solely between YVR-ICN? I always assumed it was just a tech stop for a crew swap, and they didn't pick up or drop off any pax? I could be wrong though.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory17
Is AC25/26 bookable solely between YVR-ICN?
Doesn't look like it.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I can advise that AC25/26 are meant for China bound pax only. It is a mere technical stop in Seoul for a crew change, no pax are to board or deplane.
The ICN flights are generally safe for two reasons - one is that I imagine there are cargo rev to be had, second for the crew swap given Seoul will be AC's mid-way stop to China for the foreseeable future.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I can advise that AC25/26 are meant for China bound pax only. It is a mere technical stop in Seoul for a crew change, no pax are to board or deplane.
The ICN flights are generally safe for two reasons - one is that I imagine there are cargo rev to be had, second for the crew swap given Seoul will be AC's mid-way stop to China for the foreseeable future.
Out of pure curiosity, how does that crew swap work? Is it set up that way so that the crew don't have to layover in China?
Old Dec 6, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Out of pure curiosity, how does that crew swap work?
I am working on a trip report to have all the deeds, but since you asked.... Once the plane lands, everyone is told to remain seated, our plane pulled up to the terminal and the relief crew was already waiting at the jet bridge. The old crew packs up and quickly exits, the whole swap process took about 30 minutes.
I do want to note what I find the most interesting is that this relief crew should only be working for 8-9 hours (because AC26 on the way back stop at ICN as well), I suspect AC want to prevent crew time-out in case the plane need to remain in Shanghai longer.

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Is it set up that way so that the crew don't have to layover in China?
But yes that's entirely the intent. China's strict quarantine requirement made most NA airlines to do the crew stop in ICN (I suspect is because it cost less vs NRT/HND for landing fees?)
painintheuk and Bohemian1 like this.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Dec 6, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Old Dec 6, 2020, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
Thanks a lot for your answer, esp. tracon! I'm glad to hear that.
And I hadn't realised that about AC25/26 -- that's interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.