Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Where will AC update/publish winter 2020 schedule?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where will AC update/publish winter 2020 schedule?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

When will AC update/publish winter 2020 schedule?

I see that AC has not updated most of the flight schedules for winter 2020 starting from 10/25. Does anyone know when they will publish/update the schedule? A lot of daily flights are going to be canceled with the US-CAN border closure. And a lot of international flights will be canceled too. Thanks.

Last edited by bfhu; Sep 25, 2020 at 1:02 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:50 pm

Here's the PDF timetable starting Oct. 1
Doesn't look accurate though. It has the Max flying in November.
mileageking likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
Doesn't look accurate though. It has the Max flying in November.
Probably published sometime back. Depending on how 2nd wave goes, should expect ton of updates in Q4.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:03 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
OP, really not sure what you're asking. They're constantly updating the schedule. As of a couple of weeks ago, I had a booking on AC207 coming up in a few days. Ten days ago, they cancelled 207 and re-booked me on 209. Three days later, they cancelled 209 and put me on 205.

Even when they do update the page with revised routes and timing, it's always subject to change, which it does frequently.

These days, more than a few days out, the schedule isn't worth the paper it's (not) printed on.

If schedule is important to you, book a refundable fare so that you can get a refund if they change/cancel it. If it's not that important, book whatever looks best right now and just go with the flow if it gets changed.
​​​​​​​
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
OP, really not sure what you're asking. They're constantly updating the schedule. As of a couple of weeks ago, I had a booking on AC207 coming up in a few days. Ten days ago, they cancelled 207 and re-booked me on 209. Three days later, they cancelled 209 and put me on 205.

Even when they do update the page with revised routes and timing, it's always subject to change, which it does frequently.

These days, more than a few days out, the schedule isn't worth the paper it's (not) printed on.

If schedule is important to you, book a refundable fare so that you can get a refund if they change/cancel it. If it's not that important, book whatever looks best right now and just go with the flow if it gets changed.
I did book a ticket and expect it to change. Just wanted to know when everything can be confirmed.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 3:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bfhu
Just wanted to know when everything can be confirmed.
After you arrive at your destination.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Didnt they do most (all?) Of October last week?
I had my flights at the beginning of the month cancelled 2 weeks out. But if you're flying at the end of the month, you may get as much a 5 weeks of warning!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:01 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I did book a ticket and expect it to change. Just wanted to know when everything can be confirmed.
Maybe 5-7 days out.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Didnt they do most (all?) Of October last week?
I had my flights at the beginning of the month cancelled 2 weeks out. But if you're flying at the end of the month, you may get as much a 5 weeks of warning!
They did a huge round of schedule changes one day, but then more a few days later. And there could still be more changes, especially for flights later in the month.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: AC 35k
The schedule is there is no schedule and every change due to government restrictions.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE
The schedules published for the winter seem overly optimistic. The biggest round of schedule changes seems to happen about 2 weeks before the start of the following month and they've cancelled a lot of routes with as little as 2 weeks notice. For October, they did the big round of schedule changes around Sept 16 and cancelled a lot of routes/destinations. For September, they did it around Aug 13. But even after the big round of schedule changes, they seem to be tweaking things and cutting frequencies up until a few days before departure.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Given that most flights more than a month out likely have only a handful of bookings aside from perhaps a couple of routes, they probably have a fair amount of flexibility to change the schedules without affecting too many bookings. Much to their likely disappointment, it's looking less and less likely that mandatory quarantine is going anywhere anytime soon, so their schedules continue to be likely optimistic and require paring down as each month advances. At least for them there's more people traveling on the routes that are operating.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gcashin
The schedules published for the winter seem overly optimistic. The biggest round of schedule changes seems to happen about 2 weeks before the start of the following month and they've cancelled a lot of routes with as little as 2 weeks notice. For October, they did the big round of schedule changes around Sept 16 and cancelled a lot of routes/destinations. For September, they did it around Aug 13. But even after the big round of schedule changes, they seem to be tweaking things and cutting frequencies up until a few days before departure.
Agree. last week, I did see AC cut SFO-YVR flights to one per day in Octorber. But I still see that have most of the international flights available daily after 10/25.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Agree. last week, I did see AC cut SFO-YVR flights to one per day in Octorber. But I still see that have most of the international flights available daily after 10/25.
Based on what others said - I'd expect changes after 10/25 to happen around 10/13 (does AC have a set day of the week like other airlines)?

I really doubt that any int'l routes will see any increases from the October schedule, with some exceptions, unless the border situation changes, I'd expect them to run the October schedule or less.

Since AC doesnt refund cancelled flights - its in their interest to sell flights they never intend to operate as long as possible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.