Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Miles Sales - July 7-14th 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Name:  Screenshot.jpg
Views: 1486
Size:  124.6 KB
BUY AND GIFT MILES OFFER – TERMS AND CONDITIONS

This is a personalized offer only available to the recipient of this email. Offer is non-transferable.

The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Buy and Gift Miles Offer open to Aeroplan Members (this “Offer”) and will take place from July 7, 2020 at 08:00:00 AM ET to July 12, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “ Offer Period”):

1. This Offer to buy and/or gift Aeroplan Miles today and earn Bonus Aeroplan Miles and Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) is open to Aeroplan Members in good standing that are logged in their Aeroplan account after July 7, 2020 at 08:00:00 AM (the “Eligible Participants”). An Aeroplan Member who is logged in its Aeroplan account prior to July 7, 2020 at 08:00:00 AM will not be considered as an Eligible Participant under this Offer – please make sure to click or push the “refresh page” button of your web/mobile browser after this time to be considered an Eligible Participant under this Offer. Not an Aeroplan Member yet? Sign up here.

2. “Eligible Aeroplan Miles” means Aeroplan Miles bought and/or gifted by an Eligible Participant during the Offer Period pursuant to the Buy/Gift Miles Program, part of the Aeroplan Program. Please visit the following link for any information on the Buy/Gift Miles Program: https://www.aeroplan.com/buy-gift-miles.do#/ .

All Aeroplan Miles purchased and/or gifted prior to the Offer Period (July 7, 2020) or purchased and/or gifted with a login time before July 7, 2020 at 08:00:00 AM, are not considered as Eligible Aeroplan Miles pursuant to this Offer and will not count towards the percentage Bonus Aeroplan Miles earned nor the accumulation of Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) associated with this Offer.

3. Eligible Aeroplan Miles purchased and/or gifted pursuant to this Offer are non-refundable.

4. Through this Offer, Eligible Participants will:

(a) Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD): Earn 100% of the cost of bought and/or gifted Eligible Aeroplan Miles will count as Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) towards your status (up to a maximum total of $5,000). For example, if an Eligible Participant buys 100,000 Eligible Aeroplan Miles for CAD$3,000, the member would earn CAD$3,000 Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD). In the case of gifting Eligible Aeroplan Miles to another Aeroplan member (the recipient), it is the gifter that will earn the Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD), and not the recipient.

(b) Bonus Aeroplan Miles: Earn the following Bonus Aeroplan Miles, which are calculated based on the Eligible Aeroplan Miles bought by an Eligible Participant during the Offer Period. In the case of gifting Aeroplan Miles by an Aeroplan member (the gifter) to another Aeroplan member (the recipient), it is the recipient that will earn the Bonus Aeroplan Miles, which will be deposited into the recipient’s Aeroplan account (subject to Section 6 below).

i. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 25% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when a minimum of 2,000 Aeroplan Miles up to a maximum of 50,000 Aeroplan Miles are bought and/or gifted.
ii. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 40% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when a minimum of 60,000 Aeroplan Miles up to a maximum of 170,000 Aeroplan Miles are bought and/or gifted.
iii. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 60% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when a minimum of 180,000 Aeroplan Miles up to a maximum of 240,000 Aeroplan Miles are bought and/or gifted.
iv. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 75% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when buying and/or gifting 250,000 or more Aeroplan Miles.
(collectively, the “Bonus Aeroplan Miles”)

5. Specific Conditions to Buying or Gifting Eligible Aeroplan Miles pursuant to this Offer:

(a) Buying Eligible Aeroplan Miles Offer: Pursuant to this Offer, Eligible Participants can buy a minimum of 2,000 Aeroplan Miles and up to 350,000 Aeroplan Miles per transaction.

• Bonus Aeroplan Miles awarded through this Offer do not count towards the limit of 350,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be bought per transaction per Aeroplan account;
• Eligible Aeroplan Miles do count towards the limit of 350,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be bought per transaction per Aeroplan account;
• Bonus Aeroplan Miles awarded through this Offer do not count towards the calendar year annual limit of 1,000,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be bought per Aeroplan account.
• Eligible Aeroplan Miles do count towards the calendar year annual limit of 1,000,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be bought per Aeroplan account.
(b) Gifting Eligible Aeroplan Miles Offer: Pursuant to this Offer, Eligible Participants can gift a minimum of 2,000 Aeroplan Miles and up to 350,000 Aeroplan Miles per transaction.

• Bonus Aeroplan Miles awarded through this Offer do not count toward the limit of 350,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be gifted per transaction per Aeroplan account;
• Eligible Aeroplan Miles do count towards the limit of 350,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be gifted per transaction per Aeroplan account;
• Bonus Aeroplan Miles awarded through this Offer do not count towards the calendar year annual limit of 500,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be gifted per Aeroplan account.
• Eligible Aeroplan Miles do count towards the calendar year annual limit of 500,000 Aeroplan Miles that can be gifted per Aeroplan account.
6. Please allow up to 72 hours after purchase for Eligible Aeroplan Miles and Bonus Aeroplan Miles to be deposited in your Aeroplan account.

7. Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) will help you reach a higher Air Canada Altitude status. Eligible Participants will have to meet regular published Air Canada Altitude qualifying requirements to achieve a higher status. For more information regarding Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD), and how to reach Air Canada Altitude status: https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/overview .

8. The applicable Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) will be credited by August 31, 2020, to the Eligible Participants account and will be added to your Altitude Qualifying Dollars total on aircanada.altitude.com tracker ( https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/dashboard#/ ).

9. The following applies to Bonus Aeroplan Miles and Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD):

(a) They cannot be sold or exchanged;
(b) They are non-transferable;
(c) They have no cash value;
(d) They cannot be converted to cash or refunded if unused.
To learn more on how to earn Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD), click here.

10. Aeroplan Miles and Bonus Aeroplan Miles acquired pursuant to this Offer are not eligible for Aeroplan status.

11. This Offer is subject to change at Air Canada or Aeroplan’s sole discretion without notice.

12. Aeroplan or Air Canada reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual from this Offer and to ban the individual from any future offers that it finds or believes to be tampering with the process or the operation of this Offer, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by a member or any other person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Offer is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Aeroplan or Air Canada reserves the right to seek damages from any such person.

13. By entering this Offer, Eligible Participant acknowledges and agrees that Air Canada and Aeroplan: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Offer; (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the award; (iii) disclaim any implied warranty; and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from an Eligible Participant’s acceptance or use of the award or otherwise from such Eligible Participant’s participation in this Offer. Air Canada and Aeroplan are not responsible for typographical or other errors in this Offer or administration of this Offer, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising and in the official Terms and Conditions. Aeroplan and Air Canada are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to member's or any person's computer resulting from participating in this Offer.

14. If this Offer is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Air Canada or Aeroplan which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Offer, Air Canada or Aeroplan reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.

15. This Offer is governed by all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations applicable in the province of Quebec.

16. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Terms and Conditions and the French language Terms and Conditions for this Offer, the English version shall prevail.

17. The following applies to this Offer, but in the event of conflict, these Terms and Conditions shall govern:

• Aeroplan Buy Miles Program General Information and Terms and Conditions
https://www.aeroplan.com/buy-gift-miles.do#/
https://storefront.points.com/air-ca...and-conditions
• Aeroplan additional restrictions and conditions
https://www.aeroplan.com/covid-19.do#/
• Air Canada Altitude Program:
https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/terms-conditions
• Air Canada Privacy Policy
https://www.aircanada.com/kr/en/aco/...cy-policy.html
• Aeroplan’s Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy:
https://www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do#/
https://www.aeroplan.com/PrivacyPolicy.do#/
Old Jul 7, 2020, 7:37 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
No surprise to see another mileage sale, but the bonuses aren't nearly as good as last time.

​Interesting that they're offering AQD this time around. I can't imagine that will appeal to a ton of people these days though.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
  • AQD isn't helpful without AQM, but wasn't AQM granted last time? If they keep putting these games out piecemeal no one is going to be able to turn them into a strategy to get anything.
  • Point 10 seems redundant as there is no aeroplan status collection at all any more.
  • Predictably there is nothing useful for already SE level people.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
The whole thing seems redundant if you ask me... And since there's no other information on this page, please consider it reported.

Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS
  • AQD isn't helpful without AQM, but wasn't AQM granted last time?
AQM wasn't strictly offered for buying miles. It was a consequence of another promotion that overlapped with the other miles promotion.

Originally Posted by RangerNS
  • Predictably there is nothing useful for already SE level people.
If you think this will push you to the AQD target and you want to gift status, it may be useful.

But I'm not a fan of the concept of a personal mystery bonus.
unclepants likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I need 6k AQD but 65,000 aqm to be able to gift SE this year.

I'm not sure how I can get 65,000aqm (in J on AC metal) without spending at least 6k so...maybe that's why I wasn't targeted for this offer.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I need 6k AQD but 65,000 aqm to be able to gift SE this year.

I'm not sure how I can get 65,000aqm (in J on AC metal) without spending at least 6k so...maybe that's why I wasn't targeted for this offer.
What do you mean targeted?

It's open to everyone. Only the bonus is different.
tcook052, Nitehawk and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What do you mean targeted?

It's open to everyone. Only the bonus is different.
How do they assign the bonus - you would think all SE's would get the 75%?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
How do they assign the bonus - you would think all SE's would get the 75%?
Why would you think that?

I would think it would be based on some combination of:
1. The minimum bonus they think they can offer such that each individual will buy
2. Some randomization to determine if they were correct

The problem with these is that if my friend got 75%, and i got 25%, I simply refuse to purchase.
EdmFlyBoi likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why would you think that?

I would think it would be based on some combination of:
1. The minimum bonus they think they can offer such that each individual will buy
2. Some randomization to determine if they were correct

The problem with these is that if my friend got 75%, and i got 25%, I simply refuse to purchase.
I guess because SE's get a 100% bonus for flying. Not sure it is worth it to purchase at a lower bonus when a higher one is offered. So I guess they will find that information out. At 60% for 350K (or 50% for 250K) probably going to sit this one out.

Seems like there will continue to be these offers as long as COVID carries on.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Mystery bonus gifts are great for a McLunch which has some immediate utility anyway, but for a bonus to something which is just like cash but worse, one is going to have to give and exact just like cash but worse value to the gift.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I looked at this quickly, contemplating YVR-NBO next year. Doesn't appear to be feasible for either cost or schedule on AC or *A. (26-30 hrs via Addis Ababa? Or ~same via Dubai and Delhi? Seriously?) Any other suggestions re airline and routing?

Even with the so called bonus it still works our to 2.1-2.4 cents/mile. Not much of a deal IMO.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith
I looked at this quickly, contemplating YVR-NBO next year. Doesn't appear to be feasible for either cost or schedule on AC or *A. (26-30 hrs via Addis Ababa? Or ~same via Dubai and Delhi? Seriously?) Any other suggestions re airline and routing?

Even with the so called bonus it still works our to 2.1-2.4 cents/mile. Not much of a deal IMO.
My math works out a bit lower than yours (isn't 75% bonus 1.7cpm?), but it finally occurred to me that to get the 75% bonus, you need to spend $10k. But you only get $5k AQD.

And I don't even need 5k AQD, so I'd want to spend less. Which puts the cpm even higher.

Meh. If I need more AQD in December I'll just buy a higher fare to YYZ. I'm not speculatively buying AQD with this cpm.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
I don't know why anyone would do this (unless they desperately need AQD) because you could book any flight in Standard or Flex and get a 65% bonus when you cancel it, which is much better than the 15% you get from a lot of the thresholds.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So, how many miles am I going to earn? At the top of the page, it shows:

Buy 2,000-50,000 miles = 15% bonus miles
Buy 60,000-170,000 miles = 25% bonus miles
Buy 180,000-240,000 miles = 40% bonus miles
Buy 250,000-325,000 miles = 50% bonus miles
Buy 350,000 miles = 60% bonus miles
But in the T&C, it says:
i. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 25% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when a minimum of 2,000 Aeroplan Miles up to a maximum of 50,000 Aeroplan Miles are bought and/or gifted.
ii. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 40% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when a minimum of 60,000 Aeroplan Miles up to a maximum of 170,000 Aeroplan Miles are bought and/or gifted.
iii. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 60% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when a minimum of 180,000 Aeroplan Miles up to a maximum of 240,000 Aeroplan Miles are bought and/or gifted.
iv. Based on your personalized Offer when transacting, earn up to 75% Bonus Aeroplan Miles when buying and/or gifting 250,000 or more Aeroplan Miles.
When I go to the dropdown, it's based on the former, not the latter.

Neither level is appetizing, but while it looks like they've gone to great effort to clarify the sign-in time problem that plagued the last promo, they still can't get the details right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.