Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Connection Options Philippines

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2020, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
For 3800 CAD round trip, I'd be looking for a cheap J fare on basically any airline.

If you have fixed dates and destinations AND connection points, you are no longer able to get "cheap" flights.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:09 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
For 3800 CAD round trip, I'd be looking for a cheap J fare on basically any airline.
Nothing quite that cheap in J that accomplished OP's goals (crappy itineraries ~$4,200+, decent ones >$5K), but I agree that it would be better to spend a bit more and fly J. Then again, OP hasn't said anything about what budget (s)he has in mind.
Old May 11, 2020, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador
Thanks for the follow ups. Looking to use a 3K AC gift card on departure for me and my spouse on a flex fare so we can upgrade (currently SE), and use AE on way home in order to see the pyramids MNL-BKK-CAI-YYZ (currently available in J with 20 hours in Cairo) as long as MPM works out. Appreciate the help on this one, going to book the departure via ICN suggested above.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by NB_Falcon
Thanks for the follow ups. Looking to use a 3K AC gift card on departure for me and my spouse on a flex fare so we can upgrade (currently SE), and use AE on way home in order to see the pyramids MNL-BKK-CAI-YYZ (currently available in J with 20 hours in Cairo) as long as MPM works out. Appreciate the help on this one, going to book the departure via ICN suggested above.
MPM is 13618, so the routing via BKK and CAI should be fine.
Old May 11, 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by NB_Falcon
That'll likely be very expensive. One way revenue fares are often more expensive than a RT. You might want to simply consider purchasing a *A Round The World ticket. Your 3 stops can be ICN, the Philippines, and Egypt. If you book it all on 014 stock you'd get AQD for everything. Not sure if the RTW will book into flex or not, but you might just want to buy the business one.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 3:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YEG USER
That'll likely be very expensive. One way revenue fares are often more expensive than a RT. You might want to simply consider purchasing a *A Round The World ticket. Your 3 stops can be ICN, the Philippines, and Egypt. If you book it all on 014 stock you'd get AQD for everything. Not sure if the RTW will book into flex or not, but you might just want to buy the business one.
Worth looking at, although I'm not sure about the value proposition on this one. One-way YYZ-ICN (stop)-MNL looks like it's about $2,300 in Flex. Plus the Aeroplan miles to get back. RTW in Y is around $5K for YYZ-ICN (stop)-MNL (stop)-CAI (stop)-YYZ. I routed it through LHR on the way back to try to get AC on the TATL leg (initially for CAI-YYZ it only offered me CAI-IAD-YYZ MS-UA). Both AC legs look like they'll book in V, which will be low Flex at best or possibly Standard. Actually, when I went to price it, it went from just over $5K to $6.5K. Hilariously, that includes $500 of something that some airline still has the gall to call a "fuel surcharge"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.