Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada mailing out copies of enRoute during COVID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada mailing out copies of enRoute during COVID

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
That polar bear on the cover though. Makes me wanna go out and get an Emotional Support Bear.
But just not a real polar bear .

And once I've finished reading the magazine the high quality paper is great for the bottom of my parrot's cage.
Old May 5, 2021, 9:23 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The iceberg pictures in EnRoute taken outside of codfather 's house are really stunning.

But the giant mutant lobster near the coast off Halifax in the Boundless magazine kinda scares me.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Academic
But just not a real polar bear .

And once I've finished reading the magazine the high quality paper is great for the bottom of my parrot's cage.
Ok, maybe not an ESA polar bear... or even an ESA bear for that matter... maybe just a stuffed ESA bear akin to cow's ACE dog thingy he has/had (vaguely recall him posting some stuffed animal ESA here somewhere, but perhaps I misremembered)

The paper is also good for art projects!

I tried looking for the latest issue online but can't find it yet. Can only find the first issue, which I had posted its links upthread.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ok, maybe not an ESA polar bear... or even an ESA bear for that matter... maybe just a stuffed ESA bear akin to cow's ACE dog thingy he has/had (vaguely recall him posting some stuffed animal ESA here somewhere, but perhaps I misremembered)

The paper is also good for art projects!

I tried looking for the latest issue online but can't find it yet. Can only find the first issue, which I had posted its links upthread.
Ace, not ACE. It's a name, not an acronym.

Dealing with AC-induced stress
Old May 6, 2021, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Mine came Monday or Tuesday, but I don't get them until after my wife is done with them.

But here's my question: I've noticed AC goes to great trouble to print "RECYCLABLE" over and over on the plastic packaging. But is it really? It doesn't have the little recyclable logo with the number denoting the type of plastic, and my understanding was that was a must-have to be able to recycle plastic.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Mine came Monday or Tuesday, but I don't get them until after my wife is done with them.

But here's my question: I've noticed AC goes to great trouble to print "RECYCLABLE" over and over on the plastic packaging. But is it really? It doesn't have the little recyclable logo with the number denoting the type of plastic, and my understanding was that was a must-have to be able to recycle plastic.
I’ve been successful putting it in the blue bin in Toronto. No notes from the collector. Maybe our rules are different. Fits the description on the list the city gives us. I just cut off the address part first.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Recently received the Sept/Oct 2021 issue of EnRoute in the mail.
I never received a July/Aug (or Summer) issue... but I do have May/June 2021 and previous covid issues.
Did they ever send out a July/Aug/Summer issue?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I looked at the enRoute Media Kit and this is/was the publishing schedule, plus some circulation and distribution data.

expert7700 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 24left
I looked at the enRoute Media Kit and this is/was the publishing schedule, plus some circulation and distribution data.

That means 25,200 AC MM and AC SE customers.
I think last estimate had been ~17k SE, so I guess this makes sense.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:07 pm

My parents get the mailed EnRoute as 0k, but I guess it is as GAM subscribers. I took over the GAM subscription, but even as a 50k, still never received a copy.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by expert7700
That means 25,200 AC MM and AC SE customers.
I think last estimate had been ~17k SE, so I guess this makes sense.
I'm not so sure about that correlation. Not every SE is getting a copy of enRoute.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:08 pm

Recently received the Sept/Oct 2021 issue of EnRoute in the mail.
I never received a July/Aug (or Summer) issue... but I do have May/June 2021 and previous covid issues.
Did they ever send out a July/Aug/Summer issue?
I got the summer one, so it exists. I got the new one today in the mail. My mail route is notoriously unreliable. Postman delivers when he feels like it. I guess I’ll get additional copies in the Globe......

What I notice is how thin the magazine has become.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bartolo
I got the summer one, so it exists. I got the new one today in the mail. My mail route is notoriously unreliable. Postman delivers when he feels like it. I guess I’ll get additional copies in the Globe......

What I notice is how thin the magazine has become.
can you post a pic of the cover of the Summer issue? tia!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:31 pm

can you post a pic of the cover of the Summer issue? tia!
I’d be happy to but long gone in the recycling bin.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bartolo
I’d be happy to but long gone in the recycling bin.
ah too bad... i am very curious now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.