Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Economy fare ticket with "Mixed Cabin". Will I get business class or not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:14 am
Original Poster

I have looked everywhere for an answer, but I can not find anything.

I recently booked a flight on Air Canada to Japan with an economy fare that said "Mixed Cabin". On the website it said that I would be placed in business class from Vancouver to Tokyo. However, upon booking it, I only have the option for the economy seats on all the flights.

Will I be getting the business class seats like the website said? Or was it just a mistake on the website?

I'm very confused about it but I don't want to be on hold for two hours to get an answer. Any insight would be helpful.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
If you purchased an economy fare, you're not going to be seated in business class. No idea why the website would have displayed that. Are you on AC YVR-NRT or NH YVR-HND?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Rosegarden1
I have looked everywhere for an answer, but I can not find anything.

I recently booked a flight on Air Canada to Japan with an economy fare that said "Mixed Cabin". On the website it said that I would be placed in business class from Vancouver to Tokyo. However, upon booking it, I only have the option for the economy seats on all the flights.

Will I be getting the business class seats like the website said? Or was it just a mistake on the website?

I'm very confused about it but I don't want to be on hold for two hours to get an answer. Any insight would be helpful.
Do you still have a screenshot of the page where it said you would be placed in business class? Sounds odd to me.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:20 am

Is this for an Aeroplan ticket, or a paid ticket?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you purchased an economy fare, you're not going to be seated in business class. No idea why the website would have displayed that. Are you on AC YVR-NRT or NH YVR-HND?
YVR-NRT
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG USER
Is this for an Aeroplan ticket, or a paid ticket?
it is a paid ticket
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G

Like this? I've never tried it since PE was actually cheaper, but when I go through to the final screen I do see those segments in N.

Sorry about the HUGE image ... apparently I am not good at this
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:31 am
Original Poster

And thank you for your response and the insight.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: AC 75K
The best way to verify is to check your booking and confirm what class you're booked in.

In your booking, there is a details link for each flight. If you click that, it will bring up a window and in the bottom left it will say Cabin Type with a letter in brackets.

What is the letter?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:53 am

I'm able to recreate this and when you select Latitude, you are in fact booked into P class.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I'm able to recreate this and when you select Latitude, you are in fact booked into P class.
I have seen that before. The price also reflects it BTW.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This isn't making sense. A P class fare should allow selection of a seat in the J cabin. Mind sharing the dates etc? I'd like to actually try this. It also seems odd that Latitude would book in to P, considering P fares are going to have restrictions/fees on changes/refunds that shouldn't come with Latitude.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:13 am

I tried YOW-NRT with random dates in May to get this. I didn't try other O&Ds, so it may be market specific.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:38 am

I tried YOW-NRT with random dates in May to get this. I didn't try other O&Ds, so it may be market specific.
Bizarre. I was actually able to book this. However, unlike the OP, I was able to select J seats for the YVR-NRT-YVR legs.

OP, is there any more info you can share with us?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Bizarre. I was actually able to book this. However, unlike the OP, I was able to select J seats for the YVR-NRT-YVR legs.

OP, is there any more info you can share with us?
What was the price?
bruceba likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.