Wiki Posts
Search

Student Dissertation Help!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Student Dissertation Help!

I am conducting research into purchase behaviour for flights for those who fly for business. I understand this is probably against the rules of this forum but I am struggling for respondents. All replies appreciated!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: TK *G
One comment/suggestion,

If I answer No to "Do you use air travel for business purposes?", there is no applicable answer for the next question "If so, who books this?".
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:23 pm

Maybe you'd get more responses if your questions were more precise.

First, you ask if I fly for business and if I book myself. OK.

But then you ask if I travel short haul, medium, long haul. Do you really want to know if I travel? Or do you want to know if I *fly* short haul, etc.? It is unclear to me.

Farther down, you ask how important "Bonus Miles/Points" are. Why don't you ask about Status Miles/Points? I'm left with the impression that you don't distinguish between the two, but for frequent flyers that is often a most important distinction. (Which is why they are often separate, or in the case of Aeroplan and Altitude even separate programs.)

Furthermore, you always speak of "favourite alliance/airline", as if that were interchangeable. That leaves me scratching my head how to answer your questions. My favourite airline is Air North, hands down. They don't even have a frequent flier program. (They treat me as a human being, rather than a platinum crusted gold bullion key account.)
There are a few other airlines I enjoy, only one of which is a member of my favourite alliance.

I wish you good luck with your thesis, and moderators will move your posting to a better suited forum, but you may want to spend more time reading Flyertalk to develop a better understanding of your target group before finalising the questionnaire.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Done - hope it helps.

Bear in mind how corporate policy can affect things. I am loyal to AC but have limited flexibility to “pay more” to travel with them
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by callum86
I understand this is probably against the rules of this forum but I am struggling for respondents.
Since it isn't specific to Air Canada, it is not the proper venue.

Also note that posting the same topic in more than one forum, called cross-posting,is against FT Rules as noted here so will close this thread.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.