Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Best time (EST) to call Aeroplan call center

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Best time (EST) to call Aeroplan call center

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Best time (EST) to call Aeroplan call center

I have to make long distance call to the Aeroplan call center in Canada to address my reward ticket issues. What time (EST) of the day is the best to reach the operator without long waiting time? Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by serengeti228
I have to make long distance call to the Aeroplan call center in Canada to address my reward ticket issues. What time (EST) of the day is the best to reach the operator without long waiting time? Thanks.
if you can, download Skype. Free toll free calls within North America from anywhere in the world.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YYZ_tatlflyer
if you can, download Skype. Free toll free calls within North America from anywhere in the world.
Early in the am has been when I have had most success - granted this is the Super Elite desk where there is little wait anyway. It operates 24 hours so doing so prior to 7 am EST likely gets you through faster. You have to balance that against the likelihood of a more experienced agent (potentially) during the middle of the workday.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Early in the am has been when I have had most success - granted this is the Super Elite desk where there is little wait anyway. It operates 24 hours so doing so prior to 7 am EST likely gets you through faster. You have to balance that against the likelihood of a more experienced agent (potentially) during the middle of the workday.
OP is asking about Aeroplan, not AC reservation. Aeroplan does not operate 24 hours a day.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: Free Agent
Data Point: 1 hr 23 minutes to connect mid afternoon EST on a Friday.
Good advice to try a service like Skype as wait times are 'significant'
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:44 am

I think the Vancouver call center opens at 6:00PT.
In theory that would be one of the better times to call.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mapleg
OP is asking about Aeroplan, not AC reservation. Aeroplan does not operate 24 hours a day.
Sorry missed that - I would still advise calling first thing in the am. I have had the most success with either at that time.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Just finished my call with Aeroplan contact centre. I called in 07:05 am EST, Tuesday morning. I was put on hold for 115 minutes before I could reach the agent.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I just got off the phone with Aeroplan. I called at 11:55am EST and was able to speak to an agent within less than 2 minutes.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Aeroplan Call Center Wait Times ? Best Time to Call?

Hello all! I've got to make some changes to a booking that require me to contact the call center... I was on hold for approximately 1.5 hours last night starting around 5pm PST, and as of now I've been on hold for 1.5 hours today as well (called in at 8:30am PST.) I've got diamond status, so generally last year it was around a 10 minute wait. They no longer have the recording up warning about excessive wait times due to their booking system upgrade. I assume they've got some increased volume due to Corona virus concerns though.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting through? Best time of day to call?

Thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by 0perator00
Hello all! I've got to make some changes to a booking that require me to contact the call center... I was on hold for approximately 1.5 hours last night starting around 5pm PST, and as of now I've been on hold for 1.5 hours today as well (called in at 8:30am PST.) I've got diamond status, so generally last year it was around a 10 minute wait. They no longer have the recording up warning about excessive wait times due to their booking system upgrade. I assume they've got some increased volume due to Corona virus concerns though.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting through? Best time of day to call?

Thank you!
Honestly best time of day to call is while they're open given they're closed about 7 hours a day which for you is unfortunately 9pm to 4am. Unfortunately I fear that those times are going to be rather busy especially in other time zones.
If you urgently need to get through when they open might be a shot, fully aware that may not work well. You could also claim to speak French, rumour has it those lines are less busy and most of them speak English?

That said, I just rang out of curiosity and can't even get a phone line as all their circuits are busy. Be it an upgrade, Corona, the Max grounding or the weather they'll always be busy because they're understaffed and don't provide a website that would allow 99% of things to be done on it.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Never heard of the French speaking trick, maybe I'll try that next time, thank you. I ended up waiting almost exactly two hours on hold (and another 15 minutes while they made the change I requested.) I asked about it, mentioning I was Diamond status (front of the line on the phones supposedly) and she just confirmed it, and said that lots of people who have status were calling in, and said that COVID-19 is causing everyone to call and cancel.

I suspect that if you don't have any status which gets you front of the phone line privileges you'd end up waiting significantly longer than 2 hours due to people being placed in front of you in queue.. if that's how their system works anyways.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Gave up after 3h15 min of waiting last night - I had to finally go to sleep (20h00-2315 EDT adjusted). Started again this AM: 7h47 = all circuits in use; 7h52 = all circuits in use; 8h05 EDT = ~35 minute wait (much longer to fix the issue but, they did it!)
Old May 10, 2020, 8:30 am
Original Poster

I had to call Aeroplan contact centre again today after my last call on the 18 Feb. I called at 22:00 EST (9 May, Saturday) and to my surprise, my call was picked up immediately within 10 seconds. After the agent had handled my requests, I conveniently asked the agent the volume of the calls in these days and was told that there have been very few calls in these days for different reasons.... I guess I have done with Aeroplan contact centre for the time being....
Old May 10, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Yeah nowadays my calls are picked up within 5 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.