Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC saying it's impossible to delete a flight pass booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Riddle me this!

Flight pass booking. Cancelled. Credit not returedn to wallet. Locator still in my account. Called in to get it fixed, and after much frustration, their fix was to just add a credit back to my wallet, but the locator is still there (showing cancelled)

Here's the thing : I need to book flight on same day with that FP, and it won't since a flight exists on that route.

AC FP desk saying to SE agent that they can't fix this. That they can't make the record locator go away.

Thoughts?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Update: Air Canada confirmed to me that basically, if you book flight XYZ on a flight pass - specific flight, specific date - then cancel - you will NEVER be able to book on that flight / that date subsequently.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Update: Air Canada confirmed to me that basically, if you book flight XYZ on a flight pass - specific flight, specific date - then cancel - you will NEVER be able to book on that flight / that date subsequently.
I cancel and rebook frequently. Don't know if I've ever tried to rebook the same flight/date as a cancelled booking, but why not?
--
13F
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
I cancel and rebook frequently. Don't know if I've ever tried to rebook the same flight/date as a cancelled booking, but why not?
--
13F
Because the system won't allow it.

This only happens when you get one of those system fails, i.e. when booking is cancelled but credit is not returned to the wallet.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That's certainly not true.

Because the system won't allow it.

This only happens when you get one of those system fails, i.e. when booking is cancelled but credit is not returned to the wallet.
If the PNR still exists, it hasn't been cancelled. Call them and tell them to cancel it. Keep it simple. Just tell them you want to cancel ABC123. Do not mention FP credits or anything else.
Adam Smith and nexusCFX like this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. The agent called the help desk but wasn't able to make the booking. She told me she would need to call me back. After some time, I got notice that a booking had been made departing and returning the day after my requested dates, then another notice that it was changed to the dates I wanted. Looks like they got around the limitation by doing it that way.
Adam Smith and asovse1 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: American Express Membership Rewards, Marriott Rewards Platinum
I’ve had this issue crop up several times.

If you cancel the booking via the standard web booking management page, only the flight segments are cancelled. The PNR remains intact and the flight credit is not refunded. I’ve been told by CSRs that this is due to miscommunication between Amadeus and the flight pass system. Incidentally, the cancel button is right beside the seat selection button, and doesn’t ask to confirm the action.

If you cancel via the flight pass booking system or flight pass app, there is no issue.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Riddle me this!

Flight pass booking. Cancelled. Credit not returedn to wallet. Locator still in my account. Called in to get it fixed, and after much frustration, their fix was to just add a credit back to my wallet, but the locator is still there (showing cancelled)

Here's the thing : I need to book flight on same day with that FP, and it won't since a flight exists on that route.

AC FP desk saying to SE agent that they can't fix this. That they can't make the record locator go away.

Thoughts?
Did you cancel on the regular Manage My Bookings page or in the Flight Pass page/app?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by D582
Did you cancel on the regular Manage My Bookings page or in the Flight Pass page/app?
I think I cancelled it in the FP section of the Web site. Will watch more carefully in the future though, will do on FP app.

So hard to AC IT to fix things. Hard job for them I guess.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I think I cancelled it in the FP section of the Web site. Will watch more carefully in the future though, will do on FP app.
When I ran into the same issue as you, I booked and cancelled on the app. I did not get my credits returned automatically which is why I called in. While on the phone I asked her to rebook and the system would not let her do it. I got the same explanation as you - the system will not allow the same dates as another booking, even if it's cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.