Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Aeroplan cancellation with lap infant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Aeroplan cancellation with lap infant

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Aeroplan cancellation with lap infant

Hello!

I have a YYZ > HKG > TPE > YYZ route booked on EVA using Aeroplan at the end of March. Looks like I may have to cancel/change due to work commitments, so looking at my options. I took a look at the Aeroplan FAQs, and it says that cancelling via the website is $75 while calling in is $150. Was wondering if anybody has ever cancelled a booking with a lap infant already added before? I had to call in when I first made the redemption to add my son onto my ticket, so do I now need to also call in to do the cancellation? Or can I cancel my own ticket first online before calling in to minimize that cancellation fee?

The phone lines are ridiculously slammed these few days probably due to the changes/cancellations to China, I tried calling a few times during break at work with no luck. Hoping anybody had done this before can share some insight.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Honestly, unless you need the miles right now, I'd wait.

There's a non-zero chance either HKG or TPE will be added to the coronavirus waiver, and that would let you cancel for free.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow

There's a non-zero chance either HKG or TPE will be added to the coronavirus waiver, and that would let you cancel for free.
Plus, why is OP trying to cancel now when the situation is described as "I may have to cancel" and "looking at options"?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow

I'm actually looking to see if that would be the case too, my trip isn't until end of March, I'm not exactly in a hurry. I'm more curious about whether I can get the infant fee refunded if I cancel online if someone has tried this before. Would save me a bunch of time waiting on the support line; I imagine it would only get more busy if they announce free cancellations to more destinations.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Plus, why is OP trying to cancel now when the situation is described as "I may have to cancel" and "looking at options"?
Sorry that was poorly worded. I may have to cancel and looking at options as in whether I would be able to do it all online or if I would have to call in to do it.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you want to cancel and are willing to pay, I would just do it online. If it works, it works. If not, you have a reason to call.

I've had plenty of free online cancellations that required calling after for various reasons, but I always try myself online first.
lengmui likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:58 pm

I think the infant fee has to be done by the call center

My experience with INFs is once you add an infant to the ticket, they limit your online ticket adjustment capabilities.
canadiancow and lengmui like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.