Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Strange one: discount code incorrectly on the wrong file

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

First, I tried one itinerary, but entering the discount code, although I don't see a reason for this, it did not work. Still, I kind of liked the price so I bought the ticket without the discount. No trace of a discount or of the discount code on the itinerary e-mailed.

Three hours later, I used the same one time use code on another ticket purchase for the two of us, it worked and it's fine. Showed on the itinerary e-mailed, and it shows when looking on aircanada.com.

So far so good, now to the strange part: checking both files on aircanada.com, now the discount code shows on both, with the indication that the discount was applied. Except, on the first ticket the discount was never really applied. I even checked and the price remains largely unchanged, very small difference, with no discount. Of course code now shows as having been used.

So, a sticky cookie issue, an Amadeus issue, or a minor miracle?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stranger
So, a sticky cookie issue, an Amadeus issue, or a minor miracle?
None of the above.

It's a don't post this on FT issue.
Dolphin2 and YVRYEGYVR like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I have had a code that was good for two people, or two itineraries of one person each.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
I have had a code that was good for two people, or two itineraries of one person each.
But this one clearly stated single use. Also, if it would have been applid to both, that would have been three tickets actually, not two.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
... but entering the discount code, although I don't see a reason for this, it did not work.

Three hours later, I used the same one time use code on another ticket purchase for the two of us, it worked and it's fine.

...... or a minor miracle?
I'm confused. One itinerary the code didn't work, second itinerary it does.
What is the miracle?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tracon
I'm confused. One itinerary the code didn't work, second itinerary it does.
What is the miracle?
But when looking at the bookings on aircanada.com both show the discount code. Although actually only one of them was really discounted.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
None of the above.

It's a don't post this on FT issue.
OK, you got my interest... Any chance you could PM me?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not sure if that refers to what yynomad alludes to, but it is getting weirder. The discount code also shows up on more itineraries, one for my wife, and two or three more of mine. With the statement that the fare was discounted. None of which was actually discounted. My wife's is the return of a ticket bought and with first legs flown before I used the ticket to actually purchase the two ones for both of us together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.