Wiki Posts
Search

Comfort Fare Rebooking - Limits?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Comfort Fare Rebooking - Limits?

I have a Comfort Fare booked for YVR-ANC in June. Plans change, as they do, and knowing things were likely to change is why I booked the Comfort Fare. However, AC does not have good flight options for my new travel needs to Alaska so I am wondering how creative I can get with 'rebooking.'

Can I basically get a travel voucher for the fare I paid? Or rebook to a different destination in a different month? Online it looks like I can rebook to ex. YVR-YYZ with no additional cost, but YVR-SEA they want to charge me $300 'fare difference' even though YVR-SEA is a cheaper ticket than either YVR-ANC or YVR-YYZ.

I want to book SJD-YVR but that requires a call to the service centre and I just thought I'd check here before investing an hour+ of my life to being on hold.

Thanks for any insights!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:00 pm

Programs: *$ Green
You can rebook whatever you want.

Just know that changing origin/destination will significantly affect taxes which will create deferred refunds, so don't expect a dollar to dollar immediate offset (you won't lose out on money though).

AC doesn't issue travel vouchers on flight cancellations.

Edit: You will lose out on money if you exchange for a ticket with a lower base fare, since your base fare is likely nonrefundable, and cannot be used towards YQ or other actual taxes.

Last edited by SparseFlyer; Jan 13, 2020 at 9:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.