Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Updated by Dorian on March 17, 2020 - postponed indefinitely
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32198272-post226.html

Originally Posted by Dorian
Sadly the YVR 2020 Spring F'ing Epic Do is postponed indefinitely.

Stay safe and healthy everyone and see in the near future I hope!

Dorian
YVR F'ing Epic Do - Spring Do - April 18th, 2020

NOTE: There will be a C$40 deposit due prior to the event. This deposit will be returned on personal attendance at the event. Failure to attend forfeits your deposit.

Location: Brewhall - 97 E 2nd Ave, Vancouver, BC - private upstairs loft bar reserved
Time: 17:00 until who knows

Getting there by train from YVR or elsewhere: Canada Line to Yaletown or and then Aquabus to Olympic Village or Science Centre stop on Expo Line

Getting there by car: use Waze or Google Maps
Getting there by floatplane: fly to Vancouver Harbour, walk to Canada Line then follow train instructions, fly to YVR South Terminal, shuttle to Canada Line
Getting there by helicopter: get severely injured and arrive by Helijet at Vancouver General Hospital, taxi from there
Getting there by foot: use Google maps and your feet

Other: finger/party foods provided; option to order off main menu

I'm Totally F'ing in!
Dorian (host)
yyckerr
Nitehawk
yyznomad
Bohemian1 + 1 civilian
Chowtime
WaytoomuchEurope
Marchelli
King Chung Huang
canadiancow
canadiancalf
American Bovine
Adam Smith
nomadic.relief
chriscol1
keitherson
pewpew
kevflyer
canopus27
taupo
xanderz
lewis_m

Flying Standby
RCyyz
totti
SearsTower
marke190
Melville
songsc
yvr2zrh
D582
Argonaut1000
jrl767+1
expert7700
LockheedElectra
jugaadkabaap
zone1boarding
aviationp
11yearoldse100k
Grandbend
Ruthless
DrunkCargo

Regrets
YHZtraveller
painintheuk
jc94
YOWGary
Mrs. Smith
kirkwoodj
The Lev

Print Wikipost

YVR 2020 Spring F’ing Epic Do

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I booked a room at The Douglas to use up a Marriott Cat 5 cert. It's a Cat 6 property currently available on PointSavers for 35000 points, so fits a Cat 5 cert.
jugaadkabaap likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by marchelli
For those of you that are interested, Uber and Lyft are officially in operation in YVR. I only see a few cars, but we'll see if it's a viable transport option come April!!
Only 1 car showing on the map at noon in Vancouver yesterday.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenSenise
did you not see my post about stayvancouverhotels.com? for the 18th, the sheraton wall center is $224 + tax - $100 visa prepaid. that's not bad for vancouver. this is the third year that i take advantage of this offer.

i reserved a marriott for february and the stay will count for status and get points. i don't know if this is the same for other chains but i have been told that it is.
1. I don't know how many nights I need right now, so I need a flexible rate.
2. Sheraton Wall Centre is on my boycott list
3. On that site, prices are jumping from $284 for the Shangri-La to $355 when I click from the search results page to actually go book, so I don't trust it much.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
3. On that site, prices are jumping from $284 for the Shangri-La to $355 when I click from the search results page to actually go book, so I don't trust it much.
Agree on sheraton wall centre - such a crappy property. The Douglas at 35K seems like a good deal at the moment, I was able to go till check out at shangri la with 284 at the time i wrote the post. However, shangri-la YVR & TO doesn't provide any elite bennies and i like my 4PM checkout with marriott so skipped it.

Delta YVR suites is a decent property and is being renovated. Pinnacle centre is also cheap as per the rates but personally, I am not a big fan of it. So still on the hunt, but hoping to finalize something soon.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Yeah! I'm F'ing confirmed, with my F'ing flights F'ing booked! I even updated the F'ing wiki.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
Just saw the thread - sounds epic

Never attended a DO so i am unsure of what to expect. I regret skipping the YUL one (last year i guess) mainly because of the uncertainty of "how I will fit in with all these FT legends" lol.
This lot will even grace ME with their presence for a few hours. If I’m allowed, anyone is. You’ll enjoy yourself I’m sure.
Dorian and canadiancow like this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
This lot will even grace ME with their presence for a few hours. If I’m allowed, anyone is. You’ll enjoy yourself I’m sure.
Ha ha, Thank you
Well, its all nerve cracking to attend the first one lol. Having said that I will attend this regardless of how it goes. Once again, Thank you
Dorian likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Is there a deadline to confirm attendance for this Do? I'm interested, but won't know if I can attend until 2 weeks or so beforehand.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Got a show in Phoenix that night.

Y'all have fun now.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Is there a deadline to confirm attendance for this Do? I'm interested, but won't know if I can attend until 2 weeks or so beforehand.
It’ll be about two weeks prior (to guarantee swag).
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Aeroplan Black
can someone kindly add me to wiki (attending!)? I don't have 90 posts yet to edit it myself. Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:21 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by xanderz
can someone kindly add me to wiki (attending!)? I don't have 90 posts yet to edit it myself. Thanks!
Done
xanderz likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
Agree on sheraton wall centre - such a crappy property. The Douglas at 35K seems like a good deal at the moment, I was able to go till check out at shangri la with 284 at the time i wrote the post. However, shangri-la YVR & TO doesn't provide any elite bennies and i like my 4PM checkout with marriott so skipped it.

Delta YVR suites is a decent property and is being renovated. Pinnacle centre is also cheap as per the rates but personally, I am not a big fan of it. So still on the hunt, but hoping to finalize something soon.
Does using third party sites to book Bonvoy properties allow for Bonvoy status benefits to be recognized?
I would prefer staying in a downtown hotel for the DO, but as for now, I'm booked at a Bonvoy near YVR with the Canada Line nearby (and I've done this sort of thing hundreds of times, so not a big inconvenience).
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Does using third party sites to book Bonvoy properties allow for Bonvoy status benefits to be recognized?
I would prefer staying in a downtown hotel for the DO, but as for now, I'm booked at a Bonvoy near YVR with the Canada Line nearby (and I've done this sort of thing hundreds of times, so not a big inconvenience).
if by 3rd party you mean something like Expedia, then no benefits.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by D582
if by 3rd party you mean something like Expedia, then no benefits.
I meant something like stayvancouverhotels.com (as per a recent above post), which is a third party site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.