Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Combining one way rewards to round trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Combining one way rewards to round trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Combining one way rewards to round trip

Many years ago I used to book Aeroplan rewards far in advance as round trip rewards with a dummy outbound flight and book the return segments that I really wanted to be my eventual outbound, then when the flights I wanted were released i'd call up and drop my dummy outbound and add the new flight on the end as my actual return segments. Worked great.
Since the inception of one way rewards I've just used those as I've never really had the desire to do anything other than fly somewhere and then straight back again. Now however, I have a trip coming up where I'd really like to utilize the stopover feature (in addition to destination) that is only available with round trip rewards.
Does anyone know if it's possible to combine 2 one way rewards booked online into a round trip that I could then change to include a stopover on my return leg?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gospelle
however, I have a trip coming up where I'd really like to utilize the stopover feature (in addition to destination) that is only available with round trip rewards.
Does anyone know if it's possible to combine 2 one way rewards booked online into a round trip that I could then change to include a stopover on my return leg?
Not possible. Agents inferred "sometimes" possible to move segments from one ticket to another ONLY if they have a supervisor who wants to do it (aka Aeroplan mistake), and only if the operating carrier on every flight is Air Canada.

Obviously, it IS possible to do this if there is still availabilty for one of the two one-way directioms you have booked. safest if you have enough miles to turn the 1 way into a r/t. cheapest if you are SE100k.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by expert7700
Obviously, it IS possible to do this if there is still availabilty for one of the two one-way directioms you have booked. safest if you have enough miles to turn the 1 way into a r/t. cheapest if you are SE100k.
Have enough miles to add on return segment but that requires calling in and my worry is that the flights I find dissapear while i'm on hold. Would be happy to pay fee if I could lock in the flight as soon as I see before call center opens and then call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.