Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Help requested for Flight Pass flight credit AQM crediting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Help requested for Flight Pass flight credit AQM crediting

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, American Airlines
Help requested for Flight Pass flight credit AQM crediting

I have spent hours trying to get miles credited for my Flex pass flights to Orlando. Both the Air Canada altitude agent i spoke to and the gentleman at Aeroplan didn't understand why they keep disallowing the points. We have Florida Plus Flex passes! They gave us points on the return from Orlando but not on the way there - and we were even upgraded using our upgrades. There is no one left to call as both Aeroplan and Air Canada say they don't understand why this is happening (spoke to 3 agents). There is no one left to call. Thought i would try here. What's the point of paying for flex passes if they don't treat them like flights!!! Very upset and such a waste of my time.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you!!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Have you tried emailing [email protected]?

Be sure to include copies of original confirmation email, copies of BP, etc.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Yes i did. It's nutty
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by flycast
Yes i did. It's nutty
I went through this last year. When @ credits replied and denied my valid claim, I finally submitted a web contact form on ac.com and that finally got it done.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyckerr
I went through this last year. When @ credits replied and denied my valid claim, I finally submitted a web contact form on ac.com and that finally got it done.
What did they say when they denied your claim? Was it also for a FP flight crediting issue?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I tried this again through the main Altitude contact us online. Hope that does it. It's my fourth time. I am now Tweeting too. They credited the return flight but not the one going there on the same flight pass. What is going on with Air Canada!!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

They say it's in a booking class not approved by their Airline Partner but i didn't fly on a partner, i flew on Air Canada! I know it's a glitch. They also say the ticket number isn't valid but it's a direct copy from my booking. Does your ticket number change once you are upgraded?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
They say it's in a booking class not approved by their Airline Partner but i didn't fly on a partner, i flew on Air Canada! I know it's a glitch. They also say the ticket number isn't valid but it's a direct copy from my booking.
Air Canada's Flight Pass products only allow for AC metal, so yeah, this response from them is ridiculous.

Does your ticket number change once you are upgraded?
No.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What did they say when they denied your claim? Was it also for a FP flight crediting issue?
For me it was IRROPS on a flight pass booking and they denied the claim with boilerplate language. Something something the flight isn’t eligible something something.

First did the claim form. Denied. Replied “no it’s actually eligible”

Second email back - still denied.

Emailed credits@ - same language. Flight cancelled, not eligible.

Finally submitted contact form. Someone from the executive comms team replied and made it happen.

Took like 2 months.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:02 pm

I had the same thing happen in December. Was credited AQD, but no miles. Also on a FP using eUps. Because it was only 800 miles and didn't affect my status tier I had given up for now.

If my flight in 2 weeks goes same route I am more likely to fight the incredibly frustrating, broken system.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I had the same thing happen in December. Was credited AQD, but no miles. Also on a FP using eUps. Because it was only 800 miles and didn't affect my status tier I had given up for now.

If my flight in 2 weeks goes same route I am more likely to fight the incredibly frustrating, broken system.
Which FP product?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Which FP product?
Southwestern Flex

Flight appears as "R" fare on Altitude, which I am sure is why I haven't been credited. And just for further data points, the FP was purchased <14h prior to departure and upgrade cleared online immediately.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I once had an R fare basis and R fare class when a compup of a partially eUpped FP went through, but it got fixed before anything posted.

This is definitely weird.
nomadic.relief likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.