Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ticket Cancelled Late Nov - No Refund Yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K

My sister in law cancelled a P fare due to injury in late November and hasn’t received her refund yet (ticket price - $500) We tried calling the reservation number to get more info yet after multiple tries no answers. Is it normal that it takes this long? And is there some other way to reach AC for this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I'm waiting for a refund of fees/taxes on a cancelled award ticket from late November. Planned to call about it next week. Probably another transition issue moving from the old to new systems.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eternity000
My sister in law cancelled a P fare due to injury in late November and hasn’t received her refund yet (ticket price - $500) We tried calling the reservation number to get more info yet after multiple tries no answers. Is it normal that it takes this long? And is there some other way to reach AC for this.
Are you sure it was refundable?

You could try Twitter.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I'm waiting for a refund of fees/taxes on a cancelled award ticket from late November. Planned to call about it next week. Probably another transition issue moving from the old to new systems.
Call. I guarantee it wasn't processed properly. I've had a few of those.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Are you sure it was refundable?

You could try Twitter.

We received a confirmation message that their would be a 4K refund for it. As for Twitter does that actually work?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: Former AC SE/100 but now a lowly 25k
I cancelled online (twice) after not being able to get an agent (back when the system would literally just hang up on you if you weren't Diamond or SE. Was supposed to do a mini-RTW leaving the 2nd of December, but work got in the way so cancelled online on the 29th of November and then, after not seeing any return of miles or fees, again the 1st of December, the day before we were scheduled to depart. After the phones came back to life two weeks later, still not seeing our miles back, and getting alerts on our phones as if we were still booked, I was finally able to wait it out and just under two hours on hold later the agent confirmed that the system was showing my request to cancel, but didn't actually do anything about it. He was back and forth between me and Ticketing for another almost hour. My miles went back before the end of the call, the next day I saw our fees returned, but I'm back on hold now as it's been almost a month and we're still out double the cancellation fees. Long story short, don't trust that your cancellation was actually processed! Bite the bullet and wait on hold, or have a Diamond / SE friend do it for you. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.