Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Brainstorming: how to subtly get the self-important uniforms to lose some sleep

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brainstorming: how to subtly get the self-important uniforms to lose some sleep

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
I'd rather be asked the question by AC personnel than to have the priority line not enforced. I am not paying a business fare only to wait behind those paying many times less for the flight.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Badenoch
I'd rather be asked the question by AC personnel than to have the priority line not enforced. I am not paying a business fare only to wait behind those paying many times less for the flight.
This.

There is no alternative unless AC starts issuing signs people may tape to their foreheads advising that they are a J passenger. If asked and one is a J passenger, one says so. How hard is that?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Badenoch
This.
When an AC employee or self promoted line minder points out the priority line, I thank them with a smile on my face. I know I am in the right line.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Let's keep in mind that there is a difference in how they ask.

"Business Class?"
"Are you Business Class?"
"Priority?"
"Are you Priority?"
etc
I assume these are all fine with everyone, they are just checking.

"Excuse me sir / ma'am this line is for business class only"
"Sir / Ma'am the regular line is over there"
etc
I assume these are the ones that piss people off because they are making the assumption you don't belong.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I assume these are the ones that piss people off because they are making the assumption you don't belong.
Yes, and there are many threads on that.

I was trying to be forward looking and, er, "productive", in the style of MAD Magazines Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.