Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Non-Status Passenger Upgraded to Business Class - Access to AC/nonAC lounge?

Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I know the theory that such passengers do not get lounge accdess.

But I want to know if that is true practically.

My sister is a non-status Aeroplan passenger who is in premium economy - travelling in 2 weeks from YVR-YYZ-DEL and then DEL-YVR (directly).
I will try to upgrade her as my SE nominess.

Let us say I am successful. Do sometimes the MLL agents allow upgraded passengers access to the lounge (esp domestic YVR and international YYZ).
What about the LH or SQ lounges in Delhi.

Of note, I will be travelling on the same YYZ-DEL route as her. I do arrive in YYZ 2 hours after she does. I guess I can get her to enter the lounge as my guest, but before I enter the lounge?

It does get more problematic if she does not get upgrade from premium economy - at least in YVR and in DEL.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
On this exact route, I have done the exact same thing (except it was a co-worker not a family member) and they were allowed in. BUT I do have to say - if they are denied, those are the rules from my understanding, and as such they should polity say thank you and walk away

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.