Wiki Posts
Search

Any discounts for medical flights?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Any discounts for medical flights?

I'm assuming the answer is no, but I figured FT would know for sure. My niece's 3-year old son was recently diagnosed with a serious illness that will required them to make several flights from the Maritimes to YYZ over the next few months for treatment st Sick Kids. They were wondering if AC (or Westjet - I'll post there separately) offer any sort of discounts in situations like this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I'm assuming the answer is no, but I figured FT would know for sure. My niece's 3-year old son was recently diagnosed with a serious illness that will required them to make several flights from the Maritimes to YYZ over the next few months for treatment st Sick Kids. They were wondering if AC (or Westjet - I'll post there separately) offer any sort of discounts in situations like this.
@Low Roller

Sorry to hear about your niece's son. Wishing him a full recovery.

Although this is not discounted flights, there is the Air Canada Foundation https://www.aircanada.com/en/about/c...ion/index.html

Under Our programs, there is one called "Hospital Transportation Program" based on donated Aeroplan miles.

Similarly, there is also Give a Mile https://giveamile.org

Last edited by 24left; Dec 25, 2019 at 9:12 am Reason: correction
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Thank-you - I'll look into those
Old Dec 25, 2019, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Low Roller
Thank-you - I'll look into those
I posted on both forums and also sent you a PM.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm not sure what province you're in, but most (NS for sure) will cover travel expenses when you're sent out of province for treatment, and that includes an extra amount for guardian of a child.

https://novascotia.ca/dhw/Travel-and...on-Assistance/
24left and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. We're in PEI and I believe they have already spoken to someone from the province about what assistance they may provide. Basically, PEI has partnered with Hope Air (which Westjet also sponsors) to provide free flights for out-of-province treatment but it is means tested and I don't know if my niece would qualify. Friends and family have been very generous with fundraisers, etc., but they are looking at several trips over the next few months, so I just wanted to check out any possible help that may be available. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Last edited by Low Roller; Dec 25, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.