Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Targeted AQM Promotion for new bookings - Dec 6 to Dec 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

Just received an email for an AQM promotion via email:

Take advantage of this limited-time offer when you travel on eligible flights within Canada, and between Canada and the U.S. Register and book now on eligible routes by December 31, 2019, for travel until February 29, 2020, and earn:

- 2,500 Altitude Qualifying Miles for 1 round trip or 2 one-way segments

- 5,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles for 2 round trip or 4 one-way segments

- 10,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles for 3 round trip or 6 one-way segments

The Altitude Qualifying Miles earned will be credited in 2020 and will count towards 2021 status.

Eligible Fares

Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Economy Latitude, Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest, and Business Class flexible.

Only the recipient of this email is eligible for the offer. Offer is non-transferable.

To qualify for this promotion:
  • You must be an Aeroplan® You must register for this offer between December 6, 2019 and December 31, 2019. A one-time registration is required and can be completed on this page.
  • The Altitude Qualifying Miles for eligible flights flown will be awarded for new bookings only made between December 6, 2019 and December 31, 2019 by 19:59 Eastern Time inclusively, for travel on all eligible flights between December 6, 2019 and February 29, 2020.
  • In order to qualify as a new booking, the booking must have been created for the first time with a new booking reference number during the eligible booking period of the promotion. Any booking made prior to the start of the promotion that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the qualifying travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the promotion.
  • Only valid on eligible scheduled direct flights within Canada, and from Canada to the U.S., operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge® for travel between December 6, 2019 and February 29, 2020.
  • To qualify for either the 2,500, 5,000, or 10,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles promotion, the round trips must be travelled in the eligible fare options:
    • 2,500; 5,000; or 10,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles – Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Economy Latitude, Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest, or Business Class flexible.
  • To be eligible to receive the Altitude Qualifying Miles, you must provide your Aeroplan number when completing your purchase.
  • A minimum of one round trip or two one-way segments is required to earn and qualify for the 2,500 Altitude Qualifying Miles offer; a minimum of two round trips or four one-way segments is required to earn and qualify for the 5,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles offer; a minimum of three round trips or six one-way segments is required to earn and qualify for the 10,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles offer.
  • A fixed amount of either 2,500, 5,000, or 10,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles will be credited to eligible recipients of this offer after the promotion period has ended in March 2020, when a minimum of either one round trip (or two one-way segments), two round trips (or 4 one-way segments) or three round trips (or 6 one-way segments) have been flown. For more information regarding Altitude Qualifying Miles please click here https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/overview
  • The Altitude Qualifying Miles can be earned a maximum of one time per member, and the offers are not cumulative.
  • Valid only on the following published fares included in this promotion that are eligible for Aeroplan mile accumulation: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Latitude, Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest, and Business Class flexible.
  • Offer is not valid when travelling on an Air Canada Flight Pass.
  • The Altitude Qualifying Miles will be deposited in March 2020 after the qualifying flights are completed and will count towards your 2021 Altitude® status. Should you reach a higher Altitude status due to this Altitude Qualifying Miles offer, in conjunction with the other requirements, such as Altitude Qualifying Dollars, Air Canada will ensure your new status is effective once the Altitude Qualifying Miles from this offer are credited to your account.
  • Upgraded flight segments (eUpgrades, Last minute paid upgrades, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, etc.) will be tracked for this promotion based on the eligibility of the fare purchased.
  • Reward tickets, including Aeroplan Flight Rewards, are not eligible for mileage accumulation, and are not eligible for this promotion.
  • Altitude Qualifying Miles cannot be sold and are non-transferable. They have no cash value and cannot be converted to cash or refunded if unused.
Offer is subject to change at Air Canada’s sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Link in the email has what looks to be a personalized email id, so I haven't attached it.

Anyone else get this?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What does the link redirect to? You can get a generic link out of it that's safe to post.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I have not received that email.

That seems like an extremely easy way to get 10k AQM. Too easy.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What does the link redirect to? You can get a generic link out of it that's safe to post.
Tried..

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...s.html?acid=em

Took out the string after em, but it doesn't take you anywhere without that string.

NVM, it works now.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:55 pm

"Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

Sigh. Nobody ever gives me anything.
Stranger, D582, Bohemian1 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:56 pm

I guess AC agrees that for me it is too easy.

"Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer."

Edit: Cow beat me too it.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
"Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer."

Sigh. Nobody ever gives me anything.
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I guess AC agrees that for me it is too easy.

"Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer."

Edit: Cow beat me too it.
Ditto.
This thread had me excited.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC SE
I got a similar email for 2x Aeroplan miles on select bookings.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Ditto.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
I got the 2X miles offer.
Best line in it...
conditions
• Aeroplan status bonus miles do not qualify towards Aeroplan status

​​​​​I think they mean Altitude status.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ditto.
Ditto. Interestingly very few of the airports I flew to in 2019.

Seems like AC trying to pump up Q4 revenue.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Targeted: Limited-time offer. ⏰ Double your miles on destinations worldwide.

The T&Cs are similar, but the promotion benefit is different. This is what some others here have received:

Limited-time offer. ⏰ Double your miles on destinations worldwide.

Taking off is now twice as rewarding

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ble-miles.html

Whether you’re flying somewhere new or visiting your favourite destination, you’ll bring back way more than memories.

Earn 2X bonus Aeroplan® Miles

for eligible round trips or two one-way segments to select destinations worldwide in all fares except Basic.*

Book by December 20, 2019

Travel between January 9 and June 19, 2020

Terms and conditions

*To earn, fly in Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Economy Latitude, Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest and Business Class flexible fares.

To qualify for this promotion:

You must be an Aeroplan Member. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan website (www.aeroplan.com) and enroll today. Membership is free.

You must register for this offer between December 6 and 20, 2019. A one-time registration is required and can be completed on this page.

Double bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded for eligible flights flown for new bookings only made between December 6 and 20, 2019, by 19:59 Eastern Time inclusively, for travel on eligible flights between January 9, 2020, and June 19, 2020.

To qualify as new, the booking must have been created for the first time during the eligible promotional period with a new reference number. Any booking made prior to the start of the promotion that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the qualifying travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the promotion.

Only valid on eligible scheduled direct flights within Canada and between Canada and the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and sun destinations operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express, for travel between January 9, 2020, and June 19, 2020.

To qualify for the double bonus Aeroplan Miles, the eligible round trips or two one-way segments must be travelled in the following eligible fare options:

Double Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Standard; Economy Flex; comfort; Economy Latitude; Premium Economy lowest; Premium Economy flexible; Premium Rouge; Business Class lowest; or Business Class flexible.

For example, for itineraries booked in an Economy Flex fare option, double the bonus mileage will be assessed for every two segments. When booking an Economy Flex fare option and travelling from Toronto Pearson (YYZ) to Edmonton (YEG), basic mile accumulation of 100% amounts to 1,670 Aeroplan Miles per segment, for a total of 3,340 Aeroplan Miles per round trip. Based on the double bonus Aeroplan Mile promotion, a member would earn an additional 3,340 bonus Aeroplan Miles. For more information regarding earning Aeroplan Miles, please click here

For example, for itineraries booked in a Premium Economy fare option, double the bonus mileage will be assessed for every two segments. When booking a Premium Economy fare option and travelling from Toronto Pearson (YYZ) to Edmonton (YEG), basic mile accumulation of 125% amounts to 2,088 Aeroplan Miles per segment, for a total of 4,176 Aeroplan Miles per round trip. Based on the double bonus Aeroplan Mile promotion, a member would earn an additional 4,176 bonus Aeroplan Miles. For more information regarding earning Aeroplan Miles, please click here

Double Aeroplan Miles will be applied towards miles earned based on the distance flown as per the fare mileage accrual rule, including the class of service bonus miles. The miles earned in conjunction with Altitude® Bonus Select Privileges are excluded.

To be eligible to receive the bonus Aeroplan Miles, you must provide your Aeroplan Number when completing your purchase.

A minimum of one round trip or two one-way segments is required to earn and qualify for the double bonus Aeroplan Miles.

Valid on published fares and Flight Passes that are eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation. Offer is not valid when travelling on an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass.

Not valid on published fares that do not allow for Aeroplan Mile accumulation. Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards Air Canada AltitudeTM status. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the qualifying flights are completed. Upgraded flight segments (eUpgrades, Last-Minute Paid Upgrades, Star Alliance® Upgrade Awards, etc.) will be tracked for this promotion based on the eligibility of the original fare purchased. Aeroplan Flight Rewards are not eligible for mileage accumulation. Bonus Aeroplan Miles cannot be sold and are non-transferable. They have no cash value and cannot be converted to cash or refunded if unused. Offer is subject to change at Air Canada’s sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Ditto. Interestingly very few of the airports I flew to in 2019.

Seems like AC trying to pump up Q4 revenue.
If they had offered me the AQM promo instead, I would've been booking more by now.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by folkart
I got the 2X miles offer.
Best line in it...
conditions
• Aeroplan status bonus miles do not qualify towards Aeroplan status

​​​​​I think they mean Altitude status.
No, they mean Aeroplan status.

As for the 2x bonus miles, what are the bonus miles? The regular miles are not bonus miles, right? So there's a bonus, and then that bonus is doubled? Or does this promotion give me 2x that bonus, on top of the regular bonus?

Could they, for once, write an unambiguous title?
folkart likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC SE
No, they mean Aeroplan status.

As for the 2x bonus miles, what are the bonus miles? The regular miles are not bonus miles, right? So there's a bonus, and then that bonus is doubled? Or does this promotion give me 2x that bonus, on top of the regular bonus?

Could they, for once, write an unambiguous title?
Quote from the T&Cs:

Double Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Standard; Economy Flex; comfort; Economy Latitude; Premium Economy lowest; Premium Economy flexible; Premium Rouge; Business Class lowest; or Business Class flexible.

For example, for itineraries booked in an Economy Flex fare option, double the bonus mileage will be assessed for every two segments. When booking an Economy Flex fare option and travelling from Toronto Pearson (YYZ) to Edmonton (YEG), basic mile accumulation of 100% amounts to 1,670 Aeroplan Miles per segment, for a total of 3,340 Aeroplan Miles per round trip. Based on the double bonus Aeroplan Mile promotion, a member would earn an additional 3,340 bonus Aeroplan Miles. For more information regarding earning Aeroplan Miles, please click here

For example, for itineraries booked in a Premium Economy fare option, double the bonus mileage will be assessed for every two segments. When booking a Premium Economy fare option and travelling from Toronto Pearson (YYZ) to Edmonton (YEG), basic mile accumulation of 125% amounts to 2,088 Aeroplan Miles per segment, for a total of 4,176 Aeroplan Miles per round trip. Based on the double bonus Aeroplan Mile promotion, a member would earn an additional 4,176 bonus Aeroplan Miles. For more information regarding earning Aeroplan Miles, please click here

Double Aeroplan Miles will be applied towards miles earned based on the distance flown as per the fare mileage accrual rule, including the class of service bonus miles. The miles earned in conjunction with Altitude® Bonus Select Privileges are excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.